Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Seasonal Makeup Switch-Up!!!

Stage 1: Recognizing the problem... I HAVE TOO MUCH MAKEUP. Okay.. dramatic.. but I realized that I used the same face and eye products during the school year and I want to take this summer and show my collection who's boss by using up stuff. The reason I don't switch up face and some eye products often is because it is hard to find something that actually, well.. works so I hate using something sub-par to my preference. I love my makeup but I have to finish off some products for my sanity (and an empties post;) ). Okay so in these pics the left is what I had been loving for a while and on the right is what I plan on using more this summer!!
Primer:
I LOVE my Rimmel Stay Matte primer and used it everyday since I got it for school, but want to use up a lot of deluxe sample primers I have before buying another Rimmel Stay Matte. I'm using up my Maybelline Baby Skin and a sample of the Smashbox Photo Finish primer.. They both give a silicone-y feel. While usually I would like a primer, like the Rimmel one, to soak up oil the Maybelline and Smashbox make blending my matte foundations easier than if I were to put them over the Rimmel primer.

Foundation:
I'm swapping my Tarte Amazonian Clay, another school fave, for my Rimmel Stay Matte, NYX Stay Matte liquid, Covergirl Clean Whipped, and Dr. Jart Black Label BB.. 
The NYX Stay Matte liquid is what I mix with the Rimmel and CG foundations. I mix this with them because both of those foundations are a little too dark and pink-toned for me and the NYX has yellow tones.. so not only does it adjust the shade but it also fixes the undertones of the foundation to match me. I don't like this on its own but this with either the Rimmel or CG foundation is amazing.
The Dr. Jart BB is the only BB that has ever worked for me.. period.

Concealer:
Confession: I'M ADDICTED TO THE NYX HD PHOTOGENIC CONCEALER. So I'm swapping it for the Maybelline Dream Lumi, Benefit Erase Paste, Maybelline Mineral Power (discontinued), and Physician's Formula Concealer 101 duo.
I'm almost done with the two Maybelline ones so I want to just erase them from my life because they don't impress me.   
I need to finish the Erase Paste because of the mere PRICE TAG.
I like the Physician's Formula duo for blemishes. :)

Powder:
I think I am the world's biggest fan of the NYX Stay Matte powder.. nothing this oily girl has tried has ever compared. While I still will be using it; I'm adding the e.l.f Tone Correcting Powder and the Coty Airspun loose face powder to my wardrobe. The e.l.f and Coty ones are not like the amazing NYX one in terms of coverage but do mattify the skin. 

Bronzer:
I'm swapping my Revlon Photo Ready Bronzer for my NYX Matte Bronzer. The NYX one has very warm and reddish tones so I think It will look most natural when I tan up a bit this season so I'm using the most I can of it this summer!!!!

Brows:
My hardcore e.l.f Eyebrow Kit and Anastasia Brow Gel routine will be switched do to my laziness.. I've been currently using my NYX "Over the Taupe Taupe" matte shadow, a little baby Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil, and setting whichever I use with Essence lash&brow gel mascara.

Liner:
I will still be using my Essence Gel Eyeliner and Cailyn gel liner but I have really been reaching for a nice and creamy pencil to my upper lash line for a change! It's so quick, no brush needed, and is long wearing while being easy to remove. This is the Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner in "Onyx" (black).

Do you guys ever get overwhelmed by your stash and just feel the need to downsize? I think it's sometimes a pride thing for me to finish off a product. ;)
Leave requests below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment