Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Tips for When You're on a No-Buy

Hi guys!!
This is sort of a different type of post because I'm going to talk about makeup from a different perspective; the shopping aspect.
I am currently doing a Project 20 Pan, and my rules are I cannot buy any makeup (unless it's my elf brow kit or NYX Stay Matte powder). It's quite rejuvenating to focus on finishing products instead of always buying a new color, finish, format, etc. of the same product you have ten of.
So, I am on a no-buy and it can be hard but I have been successful and would like to share some of the good habits I have. :)

1. Doing a weekly makeup rotation.
Every week I pick lip, eye, and blushes (in my case.. I am trying to cut down on my lippies and other colored cosmetics but adjust this to your needs obviously) and put it in the acrylic organizer on top of my makeup collection. I make myself use each product I picked out during the week until I can put it back in its place in my collection. Basically, I'm forcing myself to use my makeup. This has me rediscovering products and creating different looks/combos using products I already have.

2. Think need vs. want.
When shopping, and in my case, you see that nude lipstick you think you need think about these questions:
a. Do I already have something like this?
b. Do I like products like this?
c. Is it worth the money to have sitting around and collecting dust in my collection?
Chances are, you'll put the product you wanted down. 

3. Shopping Your Stash.
Maybe you'd like to buy a new bronzer, go through what you already have and pick one to use.. shop your stash; the items you already have.

If you're thinking of trying to do  Project Pan, low-buy,or no-buy; it is hard but you can do it! It is all about self-control. 
I will be doing a Project pan update soon; stay tuned lovelies. :)
-Em.


No comments:

Post a Comment