Friday, October 31, 2014

Birchbox vs. Ipsy: October 2014

Hey! I've been so busy with work and school lately but I've been taking my very small amounts of free time to blog. :) Today I have a BB vs. Ipsy!
My Birchbox and Ipsy both finally came in; Birchbox is usually a week earlier in delivery for me. ach Straight into the contents of each, starting with Birchbox:
LtoR: Model Co Party Proof lipstick in "Kitty" (sample choice for October), Dr. Brandt Pores No more Vacuum Cleaner, Balance Me eye cream, Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle Leave In Conditioner, and a Coastal Scent Revealed 2 palette sampler
Here's a closer view of the makeup.
My feelings on each:
- The ModelCo. lipstick is a nice shade and I do enjoy its pigmentation; nothing too over the top, but it is not matte like it claims whatsoever. I'm disappointed but it is still a nice nude lipstick.
- Dr. Brandt's Vacuum Cleaner treatment was a slight disappointment because after I used after I exfoliated and cleansed for optimum results but did not see anything really happening. Skincare is a very objective subject though.
- The Balance Me eye cream is a definite hit. My Origins GinZing eye cream looked so cakey under makeup and when I tried this it's just so refreshing and moisturizing. Love it and would consider purchasing when I run out.
- I use the Beauty Protector leave-in after I curl my hair and it needs a little extra shine, it works well in that respect but not a total hit as far as an actual leave-in conditioner cream. 
- I really enjoy the Revealed 2 sampler!! I've never ordered from Coastal Scents but I think I will soon!!!

This month's Ipsy..
LtoR/TtoB: ECRU BB for hair, Skyn cleansing wipes, Starlooks lipgloss, Ayres body butter, and a Jesse's Girl baked shadow.
- The ECRU BB was very softening and had a nice smell, nothing spectacular though.
- The Skyn wipes are just your average cleansing wipes, they're nice to keep in a gym or purse bag.
- The Ayres body butter was very nice and sank in well!!
- I was pleasantly surprised with the Jesse's Girl shadow in "Esmeralda"; not dry (like baked shadows often are) and was a nice taupe.
- I haven't actually opened the Starlooks gloss yet, but I like how Ipsy sent out a wearable color.

My final thoughts:
I think both are even this month!
I liked both eye and lip products from the boxes and had some nice skin and body bonuses!

What do you want to see next?
-Em





1 comment:

  1. Wow good stuff. Hope you get more time soon. Your info is always helpful.

    ReplyDelete