Sunday, June 29, 2014

NYX Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippies Review

Hey guys! Wooo when I saw these at Ulta on clearance I knew I had to scoop them up to review because they came out not too long ago! I picked up the nude, a rosey pink, and a deep/brightrr berry. They were on clearance for $2.99, but retail on NYX's website (http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/p-253-chunky-dunk-hydrating-lippie.aspx) for $6.Here's the picture I posted of them on my Instagram! Top to bottom: "Rum Punch", "Peach Fuzzy", and "Berry Mojito"..

But what are they?? According to NYX's website.. "Be Lippie Chic with this satiny smooth formula. Light and sheer at first, yet buildable the more you apply. Never needs a sharpener, the portable package propels and repels for ease of use and no product is wasted. A makeup bag must have!  
• What it is: A sheer tinted, lightweight lip balm with a satin finish.

• What it does: Creates a satiny sheer wash of hydrating color that is buildable on the lips.
• Why we love it: Can be layered for light to medium coverage.
• How to use: Apply directly on bare lips or over lip liner for more pigmentation."

But.. is it true?! For the most part yes..but they did say this is a lip balm which is where I beg to differ. This product is not drying nor very hydrating; it is comfortable to wear.. these remind me of a creamy lipstick but in a chubby lip pencil form.

There are two swatches of each color.. the first swatch of each is only one swipe while the second swatch is it built up to its opacity.. LtoR "Rum Punch", "Peach Fuzzy", and "Berry Mojito"


These wear off/transfer when eating a meal (not necessarily like a quick snack bar haha) and drinking so this is the type of product you would want to carry with you to reapply. Without eating or drinking the shine these have does stick around a good while and so does the color. It lasts about 4 hours! After they are faded away I wanted something a little more hydrating on my lips because they went without the added moisture for hours. I would not recommend these unless you grab them at Ulta this week (only $1.79 because of sales) and because I expected a "hydrating lippie" as the packaging says but it just is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment