Thursday, June 12, 2014

Summer Makeup Tutorial( with Oily Girls in Mind for the face products) :)

Ahh, yes.. the inevitable makeup meltdowns are about to begin with the summer weather. Being oily, I have some fabulous face product recommendations for you gals, and then the rest of the tutorial (eyes, lips, cheeks) can obviously be done with any skin type. :) This is all drugstore except 2 products (that could easily be substituted for a drugstore product)
Here's my face picks and reasons why:
 1. Smashbox PhotoFinish primer: Because of the foundation used, you would want a primer with a more silicone-y feel to it so the matte foundation blends easier onto it. I recommend Rimmel Fix&Perfect and the Maybelline Baby Skin to mimic the feel of the Smashbox one.
2. Rimmel Stay Matte mousse foundation: This stuff is incredible oily guys and gals!!! It is medium to full (if builded) coverage. I actually prefer using my fingers with this foundation. It blends a lot easier over a silicone-based primer as I said before. I tried this with the Rimmel Stay Matte primer and found it harder to blend. This foundation is so worth it. :)
3. Physician's Formula Concealer 101 Perfecting Concealer Duo in yellow/light: I used this to cover my blemishes or any extra redness (on the bridge of my nose from my glasses, etc.). I like this because it is not super creamy, which creaminess is great in a concealer, that it won't slide off in the heat. Sometimes a drier concealer can be useful. :)
4. NYX Dark Circle Concealer: Because of the matte finish on the face, I wanted to keep the undereye area bright and radiant. This has decent coverage but I do have extreme circles for my age. :/
5. Maybelline Dream Lumi in Radiant: I topped the NYX concealer with this to do a little more brightening and enhancing. This is great for layering on things because of its light consistency.
6. NYX Stay Matte but Not Flat powder foundation: This is what I sue to set my foundation everyday!! It has wonderful coverage (medium) for a powder and it just adds a nice boost to the foundations I use with it. This gives such a nice finish, too... not super matte and cakey like other mattifying powders.
7. NYX Matte Bronzer: I find that this bronzer is pretty warm-toned so I like to use it as a complexion booster to add some warmth. 

On to the eyes! Products I used:
1. Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original.. honestly you can use whatever primer works for you! (Drugstore options: e.l.f eyelid primer, Milani eyelid primer)
2. Essence Stays No Matter What jumbo eye pencil in Cute Copper
3. NYX Love in Rio trio in Cabana Boy
4. Essence gel eyeliner in Midnight in Paris (black)
5. Almay blendable eye pencil in brown
Okay so first I wanted to map out my crease/outer v so I used the Essence shadow pencil and did the desired shape, and then blended it out with a dense eye brush because it is a cream (e.l.f contour brush).
Then taking the darkest shadow in the trio and a fluffy blending brush I blended the shadow pencil with the shadow:

I did my crease first to make the lids pop out and not be muddy and messy with the crease. Now taking the lightest shade I went on my lids. Using the second shade I went towards my outer lid a little bit:

(OMG WHY DID I GET MY NOSE AT THE MOST AWKWARD ANGLE)
You'll end up with a golden, bronzed look.
Let's line those eyes! I used the brush that came with my Cailyn gel liner:

Finished eyes:
Now the finishing touches..
1. WetNWild's Mega Glo in Spotlight Peach is a great option for summer because it adds such warmth and dimension to the face while staying on all day. This doubles as a highlight, too. :)
2. WetNWild's MegaLast lipstick in 903C Just Peachy.. while these are a matte finish and can be drying, I think this shade in particular is a nice pop of color that brightens the face. wear a balm underneath and you're fine. :)
3. Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie gloss in Smooth Talker.. the blush is so warm and pretty that I would go with a gloss that is warm with some golden shimmer like this one. These smell like mint chocolate chip ice cream, too. :)  (Drugstore glosses I like: Maybelline Color Elixirs)
4. Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Voluminizing Mascara.. this mascara is average and you could just use whatever your favorite is! I try not to buy mascara too often I need to use mine up!! :) (Drugstore options I love: Maybelline The Rocket, Covergirl lashblast Volume)
One quick thing!! I did my inner rim liner and smudged it on my lower lashline after mascara using the Almay pencil photographed earlier.
Here's the final look..









No comments:

Post a Comment