Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Brushes I use daily!!

Brushes are the all-stars that are hardly mentioned or recognized for their wonders so i thought I'd show some love! I used my stippling brush this morning so it is a little dirty in its picture (sorry guys!).
The brushes I use daily:
My Real Techniques Buffing Brush is what I use to buff and blend in my Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation everyday. This is not too dense where it will feel like you're rubbing a rock on your face, and the bristles are super soft and high quality. I used to hate using a brush for blending foundation because I found the brush caused streaks and line on my face, but with this there are none and you can apply the perfect amount of pressure. This brush also washes very well, as well as all of my Real Techniques brushes do.


My Real Techniques Contour Brush is what I use to contour my cheeks with (using my NYX blush in "Taupe" of course). It is a nice targeted brush to get into the hollows of the cheeks. It's less dense than the buffing brush to the point where it is good for powder application, but not to loose where the powder isn't in the position you don't want it.

e.l.f (eyeslipsface) Blush brush from their Studio Line is a fabulous multitask brush! I use this to knock some excess powder off of my face, to apply blush in targeted areas (I prefer wearing my blush more towards the back of my cheeks/on the cheekbones.. so it doesn't get to close to my nose making it look like redness), and sometimes even for bronzer around my temples when I don't want to get it everywhere. 

My Real Techniques Powder Brush is what I use to apply bronzer to my cheeks and to blend my contour/blush seamlessly. It is nice, full, and fluffy.

My e.l.f Small Stipple brush from the Studio Line and I use this to blend out my cream blush, bronzer, and even concealer. It applies a nice even amount of pressure. 
These brushes are all very affordable ($3-$10) and I have experienced no shedding with any of these. They all clean very well, too. I use the Walmart brand (Equate) Baby Shampoo to clean my brushes and it's perfect, the buffing brush that I use with long wearing foundations is basically white after each wash. That's pretty amazing! :) Anyways bye guys! I'll be doing a long wear summer makeup look for girls with oily skin this weekend that should be up next week so stay tuned. :) 

2 comments:

  1. As usual great tips. I'm gonna get some of those brushes soon! Keep the tips coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!! Real Techniques is great, same with e.l.f brushes.

      Delete