Saturday, May 3, 2014

Drugstore Makeup Starter Kit

Hi guys! Hope you're having a good weekend. I've decided to do a drugstore starter kit of products I've loved and know that work. I think makeup aisles can be daunting with all the options so I wanted to point people to a few all-star products! :)
Face: Rimmel Stay Matte Primer, Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation, NYX HD concealer, NYX Stay Matte powder.
I love Rimmel's Primers. This one works really well at keeping me matte and therefore making my makeup look fresh. If you have skin on the drier side I also love Rimmel's Fix and Perfect Pro primer. 
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation is a medium to full coverage foundation that lasts all day. Revlon also offers a latge shade selection for this. The big bonus is that there are formulas for both Combo/Oily and Normal/Dry skin!
NYX HD concealer is a pigmented and long lasting concealer. This is the most impressive drugstore concealer I've used!
NYX Stay Matte powder is a powder with a beautiful finish that I use to set my foundation and when dusting it over to set my foundation and concealer it adds coverage. Beautiful powder.
Eyes bottom to top: Essence Stays No Matter What shadow pencil in "Whipped White Frosting", NYX felt tip liner, NYX Wonder Pencil, Maybelline The Rocket mascara, Physician's Formula shadow quad in "Classic Nudes"
If you're wearing shadow or liner on your lids you should prime your lids to prolong the wear of your eye makeup and to prevent creasing/transferring of your shadows/liners. I use the Essence shadow stick to prime my lids. If beginning with liquid liner an easy way to learn is to use a felt tip liner like the NYX one pictured. The NYX Wonder Pencil is what I use it on my water line to brighten and widen my eyes. The Maybelline Rocket Mascara is very volumizing and lengthening so there is no need for 2 mascaras! The Physician's Formula quad is all matte and the shadows are buttery smooth and it gives a great natural look!

Left to right: Maybelline Baby Lips in "Cherry Me", NYX Round Lipstick in B52, Maybelline Color Elixir in Caramel Infused.
This specific Maybelline Baby Lips gives a beautiful sheer, fresh color to the lips. The NYX lipstick is a deeper neutral that is universally flattering in my opinion. The Color Elixir is a nice gloss option because they are pigmented and comfortable.
Eyebrows can really anchor a look and I find them extremely important. This ELF kit works wonders and is so easy to use!


No comments:

Post a Comment