Thursday, May 22, 2014

NYX Matte Bronzer Review (In shade "Light")

There's nothing worse than buying a bronzer and you think it's matte but there's all this shimmer once you open it up and swatch it! And that's what had drawn me to this product; its simplicity, it tells you what it is in the name (none of the "Perfecting Sunkissed Bronzer Gives You a Unicorn Finish and You Will Win the Lottery" okay so I took that too far but you know what I mean:) ).
I'm sure you saw the title of the post, and where I'm going so I'll just start the review on the NYX Matte Bronzer in the shade "Light". :)
Packaging:
 Swatch:
Natural Light
 Natural light (.. I was right next to a window)
The powder itself has a nice feel to it and it doesn't kick up a ton of powder when I put my brush into it (always a plus).
This bronzer is perfectly pigmented. It is not too overbearing.
I find that with other bronzers I can easily blend it with a bare brush or with some face powder to soften it but with this bronzer I found that when I over applied it, it becomes hard to blend out. And because of its warm undertone it can become more apparent on the skin.  
I bought this to contour with but it is just too warm-toned, so I use this to warm up my complexion.
This bronzer blends okay (it looked a little streaky on me today) but not like a dream, I definitely prefer my Revlon Photoready Bronzer because I feel like it gives more depth and dimension (I think it is being discontinued; grab it at Big Lots *sighted there* while you can). I feel like I'm quite on the light side as far as complexions go and the warm tones just seem a little too apparent on my skin.
It wears throughout the entire day, perfectly fine.
I have no major complaints about this product but it did not wow me by any means. I would skip this if you were thinking of using this to contour I personally wouldn't because it is so warm toned and would not create the shadow you'd want for a contour (go for: NYX Powder Blush in "Taupe"). If it works with your skin and its undertones than I think this could definitely be a nice addition to your collection! 
Thanks for reading!! :)


2 comments: