Sunday, May 4, 2014

CoverGirl Tru Blend Liquid Foundation Review

I personally find foundation to be a very personal item because it's based on one of the most unique traits of a person; their skin! I'm an oily girl so I can have a difficult time with foundations but I guess that just means I'm putting it through rigorous testing! :) Alright on with the review! I'll start with the basics of this so you can actually know if you'll be interested in reading this whole review:
- Coverage: Light to medium at most.
- Consistency: On the more liquidy side for a foundation (think like Revlon Colorstay for combo/oily), it is very thin, it takes a while to completely set.. feels kind of wet in a way
Okay so there's a quick overview but now I will go into wear and packaging.
- The packaging has a pump which is convenient and what I like about it is that it dispenses a small amount of product so you won't waste a lot. Also, this pump is easy to control if you don't need another whole pump of product.
- My research on its wear: I tested the wear of this for two days with two different primers really taking notes on its wear. On one day I used Rimmel's Stay Matte primer which works very well with my oily skin! Okay so after 3 hours of wear I began to get shiny on my nose. 2 hours later I noticed creasing in my smile lines and an all over cakey appearance (major foundation turn-off for me). An hour and a half later I noticed breakdown beginning on my nose. I basically had the same amount of wear when I used Maybelline Baby Skin taking notes on it for 6 hours of wear.
- I don't find this to be a longwearing foundation by any means and I do not like the way it behaves with other products. When I set this it has a way of clinging to the powder, and I think this is because of it taking so long to set if it does. It looks too apparent. I really wouldn't recommend this foundation in particular for anyone because I feel like even with just six hours of wear I appear cakey all over and not fresh.
- Other drugstore foundations I enjoy and would recommend: Rimmel Stay Matte mousse, Revlon Colorstay (fabulous in both the oily and dry skin formulas I have both!)
As a heads up, they recently repackaged this foundation and I still have the old packaging. The new packaging does still have a pump though.

No comments:

Post a Comment