Thursday, May 29, 2014

Ways to switch up your makeup routine!!

While getting in a makeup routine/groove is nice, sometimes I don't feel like I use my huge collection to its ability so I like to switch out products a lot and try new techniques. I've compiled 4 things to do or use to get out of a makeup rut. :)
1. Using a powder blush over your cream blush. 
I really enjoy this Stila Convertible Color formula for a cream blush (Shade: "Lillium")
 The Balm's Hot Mama! Blush
Swatch of just the Stila cream:
 Stila cream topped with Hot Mama!:
Setting a cream blush with a powder makes it stay longer (it's like setting your liquid foundation with a powder) and makes it very versatile. What I mean by this is that you can take a cream blush and really play around with its finish (they usually are a little luminous because of their consistencies). Maybe you want to make it matte, just top it with a matte blush! Here in the pictures I wanted to give it a nice highlight/glowy effect and you can really see how the powder blush made it more golden.. I really like these two blushes alone and together!! 

2. Using a colored eye base
TtoB: Essence shadow stick in "Cute Copper" and "Whipped White Frosting", Revlon ColorStay Smoky Shadow Sticks in "Torch" and "Smolder"
What I think is so fun about this is that it's sort of like the cream blush technique where you're mixing colors. Also, it can really anchor a look; using a gold base under a gold shadow really intensifies the color. While I use my Primer Potion in "Original" a lot, I find colored bases to really make a difference with vibrant and even neutral shadows. 

3. Cream contouring
Covergirl TruMagic in "The Sunkisser"
I love using creams to contour! It's a new experience for blending out and it looks so seamless on the skin. Exploring new mediums was sort of a theme of this post I noticed while typing this post up. :)

4. Using a skin corrector
LtoR: Covergirl+Olay eye corrector, Benefit's Erase Paste
Wearing a light toned concealer right over dark circles only LIGHTENS them and does not CONCEAL them. I highly recommend trying a salmon/yellow corrector if you have darkness under your eyes if you find regular skin-toned ones are not covering those stubborn circles!! Trying correctors is fun just seeing how different colors really do camoflauge (only a makeup junkie would think that's fun haha). 

There's a few things to help switch up and regenerate some ideas for your beauty routine!!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment