Friday, May 23, 2014

Tarte Lip Surgence Lip Pencils Review

Hey guys! Today I'll be review my Tarte Lip Surgence lip tints. I have both the matte lip tints and the regular ones that offer more shine. I do not own all of them but I have a nice range of colors. These are all deluxe-sized because I got them in a set during Christmas time so I figured since I have so many I would review them! The one with the silver cap was from a lip set I got from QVC a while ago. I separated them by color groups, the first are the brights:
LtoR: "Cheerful" *matte* (bright peachy coral; brighter on my skin and is super pretty), "Glee" *matte* (watermelon red),  "Enamored" (glossy, fresh red). 
 LtoR: "Cheerful", "Glee", "Enamored"

Next are the more wearable shades I own from the line. :)
LtoR: "Lovely" *not matte* (nice deep mauve-y neutral), "Believe" *not matte* (glossy coral-red), "Glitzy" *not matte* (rosey nude with shimmer)
LtoR: "Lovely", "Believe", "Glitzy"

Here's my deepest shade of the bunch and it's a beautiful berry :)
Tarte's *matte* lip tint in "Destined"
 Swatch:
All of the tints are very nicely pigmented.
Overall, the matte lip tints more longwearing, but after about 2 hours and 20 minutes I checked on it and I noticed the product gathering in the center of my lips. Because it looked a little unattractive in my opinion, I would say around that time marker I would need to touch up. Though the matte tints don't really transfer when eating or drinking it still does wear down afterwards. 
The regular lip tints with the glossier finish last me about an hour or two MAX, but with the regular lip tints they wear off evenly; there is no rim of color on your lips leaving you with the inevitable: unintentional ombre lip NOO (does anyone else HATE that?? Especially with a bold color!!) These transfer onto glasses, etc. and do wear off after eating or drinking which can be annoying.. :/
I don't mind re applying these! They're super easy to use and you just glide it on your lips in a flash! I would use a mirror for the matte ones just because I could see those being a little harder to wipe off if you were to go outside of your lips.
I do really enjoy the formula of the matte ones as well it feels moisturizing enough and gives you the matte finish you'd anticipate. A comfortable matte which can be hard to find. 
I would definitely recommend these lip pencils because they're fool proof; you can always wipe the outside of your lip if you go out, they're moisturizing, and in my fave form *chubby pencils*. The only thing I would be concerned about during application is getting a deeper shade outside my lip line and having to fix that on-the-go if I were touching up with these. The only downside is that they are a little pricey but I have seen these on sale on Tarte's website. 
Give these a try and comment down below for what you'd like to see posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment