Monday, May 12, 2014

e.l.f Matte Lip Color Review! ("Tea Rose")

Hey dolls! Hope everyone is having a good day. :) Today I will be reviewing the e.l.f Matte Lip Color in "Tea Rose". Whenever I see these posted on Instagram I see people comment on how they love them so when I was in Walmart I got one! This is such a pretty color! This is an exact "my lips but better" shade for me!! Confession; This is the ONE product that broke my no-buy streak but shhh (I was doing so good but lippies ARE my weakness). These are only $3, too!
Anyways here's the packaging:

This product is retractable and the packaging is sleek, no extra knick knacks.
 
The application of this product is very easy to control because of its precision as a result of the shape of the product:
The application was nice and not streaky. This lip color is pigmented and comfortable for a matte look. It is not drying but not especially moisturizing but I was not expecting it to be either because of the finish so I prepped as I always do, with my EOS in "Sweetmint".
 Swatch:
The wear:
My wear with the balm underneath was approximately 4 hours (9:45 AM to now, 1:37 PM). It has not completely worn off my lips but it definitely does need a touch-up. The best part about this shade for me is that since it is so close to my lip color it does not look bad as it wears off because it is so natural. A quick touch-up would not be a problem for me; especially on-the-go because of its easy application.
Without a prepping my lips I get approximately 3 hours of ATTRACTIVE wear. What I mean is that I put this on my lips at the end of all my makeup Monday morning around 5:45 AM. I checked on this around 9AM when I went to the bathroom during class and my lips just looked so cakey and dry that I had to wipe it off. :/ My lips did not feel dry though.
I do recommend this product as long as there is a barrier between it and your lips (like a balm, or a lip primer) because that was the only problem I experienced with this product. I also really enjoyed this mauve shade. I topped it off with a gloss and it looked fresh too.
Do you guys want to see a post on anything specific? Requests? Comment! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment