Sunday, May 11, 2014

Foundation Routine (featuring Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation)

Hi beauties!! I wanted to share my foundation routine and because I am too scared and unequipped to make a video, I have a very long blog post with a TON of pictures of the products and my face after each product. :)
I do this routine for school, it may seem like a lot but I am including my contouring and highlighting so this post is a double whammy. :) Anyways, warning my bare face is coming up.. here it is:
(These pictures are not necessarily showing all my redness because I use a basic digital camera but I tried my best):


 Okay so first I applied my Rimmel Stay Matte primer.
Then I apply my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush



After buffing a sheer layer in I usually build up coverage in some areas and buff it all in again.
Next is concealer/highlighting. I use the NYX HD Concealer:
 (I thought I would take a funny picture of where I highlighted hehe)
 Blended with my ring finger :)


Now I will conceal my face with my Sonia Kashuk concealer palette (ehh not too impressed with this stuff but I use this or my Covergirl+Olay concealer balm). I also decided to use my Real Techniques Detailer Brush today but I use my fingers too, just whatever I'm feeling at that moment.



That red blemish just won't quit.. yikes! But let's powder my face with my NYX STAY MATTE BUT NOT FLAT (my fave) with my Real Techniques Powder Brush. To set my undereyes I like to use my Real Techniques Contour Brush because it obviously would fit into that area better than a huge powder brush.




Whoop whoop the exciting part.. CONTOURING. I am honestly fascinated by how makeup can make anything possible.. well not ANYTHING but cheekbones are nice haha.
First I warm up my entire temple are and my cheeks with my CoverGirl Tru Magic The Sunkisser (like a cream bronzer) and I use my e.l.f Small Stipple Brush.


I then take my NYX Stay Matte powder but in  a darker shade than the one I set my whole face with (I used "Ivory" before and Now I'm using "Nude") and my e.l.f Blush Brush to set the areas where the cream bronzer was applied.
 I take my NYX Blush in "Taupe" and put in the most hollow parts of my cheeks right under my cheekbones and in the deepest part of my temples for a true shadow. I use my Real techniques Contour Brush.
 (Tried my best not to take a cheesy picture of me looking off into the distance haha)
Brows and blush next to complete my face! :)
For brows I used a small angled sized brush from a Sonia Kashuk travel-sized eye brush set and my Milani Brow Fix kit. Since it is the weekend I did not bother using my colored wax from my e.l.f Brow kit but I do that everyday for school because it is amazing!! Then to set my brows I use Anastasia Brow Gel.
Blush, blush, baby!! I use my e.l.f blush brush and today I used a BareMinerals Ready Blush in "The One". I don't use this blush everyday as blush is a day-to-day thing for me to go with whatever look I'm going for. :)
Finished look!! Whoop whoop. I understand this is a lot of makeup but it's what I like to do so I hope this is a judgement-free zone. :)
 
There was so many pictures that I was a little lazy with rotating them.. but you get the idea. ;)
I have a review of the e.l.f Matte Lip Color coming up soon!
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Wow. Pretty comprehensive. Good tips. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Any requests at all? I have a few reviews coming up and maybe a haul in the future but wanted a little feedback on what to post!!:)

    ReplyDelete