Saturday, September 20, 2014

Review: Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Color by Sonia Kashuk

Hey guys! I decided to do a review on my Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Color in "Sheer Pink Lust" to tell whether they are worth the hefty drugstore tag of $10.99 on Target's website.  I only have one shade to share with you which is "Sheer Pink Lust" which contains no shimmer. There 8 additional shades (all of the names do begin with "sheer" so do not be mislead), but because of the price tag I bring a review on one of them.
First off- packaging. Of course being a SK product it looks very chic and classy:
The tube also displays a color swatch on the bottom, and it is very accurate:
 The name is on the bottom of the tube:
Let's talk about the application of this lip color- it is very creamy and soft; in fact I pressed a little too much while applying this one day and I did notice it shift in the tube slightly (AKA don't leave this in a hot car type of product). It glides on very nicely and smoothly with even color on the lips.
The consistency of this lip product is very creamy and buttery and it feels moisturizing, but not to the extent of a thick lip balm.
Because of its creamy texture, it fills in the lines of the lips nicely and blurs them. 
This lasts about 3 hours on me. If eating or drinking it will transfer so reapplication is necessary.
The pigmentation:
Left: one swipe, Right: built up swatch
But to the real question-- are they worth the money?
These remind me of what I had expected the Revlon lip butters to be (yes, I'm the one person who's not really into the butters) so that being said I find them a little overpriced for what you're getting. 
What do you want to see next?
-Em :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment