Sunday, September 21, 2014

Review: Hard Candy Fierce Effects High Intensity Eyeshadow

Hey guys! I recently went to Walmart and ended up hauling some makeup (a haul will be up on Wednesday) and I bought Hard Candy's Fierce Effects High Intensity Eye Shadow. These come 2 in a pack and they only retail for $5, there were 3 color options; the one I'm showing you today which are two neutrals.
The pack I have is in the shade "Slow & Steady".
  



Packaging: These are essentially a pressed pigment and their packaging is very similar to L'Oreal's Infallible shadows; they even include the stopper.
Formula: The brown shade has a very nice creamy texture and clings well to itself. The lighter champagne color is still creamy but does not cling as well and can have fallout.
Application: I like to use these with my fingers and over primer so they can cling to something. I pat the lighter shade on the lid and the other shade on the outer corner. I then take a crease brush and fluffy blending brush to take the darker shade into the crease and outer V. They blend very easily and build well.
Wear: Their staying power is pretty neutral; they're perfectly fine over a lid primer.
 Swatches:
 I took this picture to show you how this color reflects light very well and is very brightening:
Do I recommend?
These are definitely better than other drugstore shadows I've tried (I'm sure some of you know how I feel about Maybelline and Covergirl quads), but they aren't remarkable by any means. They're worth it if you're in for a specific shade, but if you have your collection of nice quality neutrals; just stick with what you have.
What do you want to see next? 
- Em

No comments:

Post a Comment