Saturday, September 13, 2014

Birchbox vs. Ipsy September 2014

Guess who got both of their beauty packages in the mail this week? Me. :)
So here is another BB vs. Ipsy.
As usual I will start with Birchbox:
The box itself was very pretty this month.
Here's what I received:
- Macadamia Healing Oil Spray: I wasn't wowed by this really. I never feel like oils in general every penetrate the hair. 
- TOCCA hand cream: I like to get hand cream samples to keep in my bag or purse! It's already in my purse!
- Harvey Prince Hello perfume sample: ugh.. on my BB profile I said I only wanted a max of 2 of these per year.. hopefully this is the last one for a while.
- Temptu highlighter: kind of meh on this one. I don't go through highlighter quickly so I won't be opening this for a while.
- Chapstick Hydration Lock: I HAVE AN OVERWHELMING AMOUNT OF CHAPSTICK. The more the merrier, I love balms. Because it was BB's anniversary, this was a bonus item.
- Avene gel cleanser: I like that BB listened to my profile because this is made for blemish prone skin. This cleans well and doesn't strip my face. Might repurchase in the future if it's not crazy expensive.
- Overall: I definitely received my $10 worth in products but I'm not excited to try anything.

Now onto Ipsy..
I like the bag, it looks edgy.
Here's what I got:
- Caviar CC Cream for Hair: ohhh I love hair masks and deep conditioners! I will definitely use this in my shower.
- Nourish Organic Moisturizing Cleanser: Dear Ipsy, I have oily skin as said in my profile. Why would you send me a moisturizing cleanser?? I will give it a try in the winter.
- Hikari lipstick in "Cabernet": I have been into deeper lip colors lately and this should do the trick. It is a deep red.
- Crown dual-ended shadow/crease brush: Yay I love getting brushes and I always need new eye brushes.
- Pacifica Waterproof Eyeliner: Yet another pencil liner... I'll get to this one after finish my 2569980 pencil liners.
- Overall: I'm excited for the brush, lipstick, and hair mask... but the other 2 products are kind of misses for me. I don't need either of them.

Who wins?
- Ipsy.. I like getting things like tools because they last very long and I've heard amazing things about Crown brushes. You can't go wrong with lipstick and everyone's hair needs a mask in my opinion. Where BB didn't live up is the perfume sample and the hair oil. I also wished the highlighter sample was larger and in more accessible packaging. 
What do you want to see next?
-Em
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment