Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Use This Not That: lip balms!

Nothing is worse than having chapped lips and having even higher expectations and hopes from a balm only to be let down by a greasy or drying balm. I compiled a few of my faves and some that just did not cut it. I always am going to include a few tinted balms for those who like tints. :)
Let's start with the worst:
- Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula balm (the "Original" one):
I remember liking this when I first bought it, but now when I try to use it just feels slick and greasy on the lips and just is not even penetrating my lips or moisturizing them really at all. I got this at Walmart, but I have heard of people getting this at Walgreens.
- Bliss Fabulips Softening Lip Balm:
This did not moisturize my lips AT ALL. It felt super greasy and slick. It is one of those consistencies that does not do well in heat and kind of morphs and gets all melted. This stuff is $16!!! DO NOT WATSE YOUR MONEY!! (I was lucky to find this at Marshall's though for $5 :) ).

The ones I enjoy:
- Burt's Bees (red label: "Replenishing" with pomegranate oil, pink label: "Refreshing" with pink grapefruit): I remember never having luck with Burt's Bees balms in the past but I love these ones!! They feel very moisturizing and comfortable. Just love. :)
- eos Smooth Sphere balm in "Sweetmint":
I feel like this is a cult favorite type product but this is by far my favorite of the eos balms I have. This one I feel really moisturizes the best and feels so fresh! I use this before my makeup every day as a "lip primer" type of product. It really helps prep me for lipstick. :)

Tinted balms I love:
- Baby Lips in "Cherry Me":
This is my favorite Baby Lips because it gives off the prettiest sheer wash of color, and it is very smoothing.
- Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in "Berry":
WHOAA TALK ABOUT TINTED. This is literally the pigment of a lipstick, but is SOOOOOOOOOO NOURISHING. I first tried these because I got the birthday set from Sephora that had 2 of their balms and I've loved them ever since!! A little pricey but if you find nothing working turn to these!!
- e.l.f Lip Balm Tint in "Nude":
This is a newer product to me and I wasn't expecting much of it but it's so nice!
It can really be your nude lip look because it has just the right amount of pigmentation and glossy quality. It moisturizes super good and has a wonderful vanilla scent!! :) My only complaint is that is in a pot but I can deal if the product is so amazing! :)

 I hear the Bite Beauty Agave lip mask works absolute wonders but I haven't tried that yet. :)
These were just a few balms I wanted to mention, do you want another type of these "hot or not" type blog posts on another type of product (i.e foundation, shadows, glosses)??? Please comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment