Thursday, May 1, 2014

Over and Under-Rated High End Makeup!

I feel like the popular philosophy of many is that high-end means better quality but I beg to differ. I've used my fair share of high-end makeup that did not live up to its hype or some that wasn't hyped about enough!

Let's start with the over-rated makeup..

Korres lip glazes/butters.
I remember hearing about these on YouTube from a couple popular gurus. I honestly wish I had a reason to justify the price tag of $12 for this. It moisturizes okay but nothing super nourishing (ie: Fresh Sugar Balms). I got this in Jasmine and hoped it would look pretty but it is not pigmented enough so it just looks like a white milky cast on my lips.. no bueno.
 
 Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencils
I LOOOOVE Urban Decay so much but these are just your average liner to me. They are pigmented and creamy (the shade selection is amazing too) but the staying power is not there for it to be the $20 they are.

 Under-rated makeup time!

 
Bare Minerals Lash Domination mascara
I hear this and that about everything BM but their mascaras.. WHY?! I love this stuff! This is a deluxe-sample clearly but anyways, this adds such nice volume and length.. would definitely purchase the full-size!!
 
 Clinique Chubby Sticks
I am literally always posting about this but, these are amazing. The formula is so smooth and gives good color pay-off while feeling exactly like a nourishing balm!! LOVE. I would definitely repurchase more of these in different shades.
 
 Anastasia Brow Gel
Everyone talks about Anastasia brow this and that but I never hear a lot of people talking about the brow gel! Unlike other gels I've used that do not hold my hairs in place at ALL. This one holds everything perfectly and nothing will move!
 
Bite Beauty lip glosses
Bite's cream lipsticks are very hyped about and they should be, but I never hear much about their glosses.. they have a fabulous smell, look, feel, and wear on the lips. My favorite gloss formula EVER. I chose to picture these shades because of spring and summer (LtoR: "Garnet" , "Strangefruit")

 
Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix
This stuff is amazing! I used this before and after I applied my Tarte 12-hour full coverage foundation one night and WOW not a single bit of oil or anything ruined my makeup. I was completely matte and my makeup looked freshly applied. This isn't marketed as oil control but I was oddly matte that night (not a complaint at all!!). This stuff is a little pricey so I use it on occasion. 
 
Buxom Full-Bodied lip sticks
I'm sure we all know and love Buxom's glosses! No one ever seems to speak of these lippies though!! They have a minty quality and have fabulous color pay off.. they are also very comfortable on the lips! This shade, "Amsterdam", is a beautiful peachy-pink nude!! These are also reasonable priced and you get a lot of product. You don't really need a mirror for these twist up lipsticks either!
 
What high-end makeup do you love?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment