Monday, June 23, 2014

My Nail Polish Purge

Hey guys!! Rarely are my nails naked ( but I am getting a job at Wendy's soon and policy says they can't be polished :/ ).. Anyways, I recently went through my makeup collection and threw out some makeup I didn't use or that I felt was expired. Basically, I purged a lot of beauty items I felt were cluttering up around my room/makeup setup..Today I'm going through my polish stash of about 50 and showing you what I'm getting rid of. Most of these are either too sheer (which is the worst thing for a polish to be for me) or I loved them and used them so much that they're goopy and just old. In this post I have 3 categories entailing why I'm tossing each polish..
1. They're too sheer and frustrating!!
2. The formula chips a lot; not longwearing.
3. They got goopy and gunky after so many uses and their shelf life.
Alright so first is the sheer polishes.. LtoR: Candie's "Mighty Mint", Sinful Colors's "Cinderella", Forever 21's "Cherry", L'Oreal's "Cockatoo's Mystery", and Sation's "Love at First Byte".. I love the colors of the first, second, and last polishes!! That Sation one would be a lovely nude peach but it won't show up!!


Here's the batch of polishes that were not longwearing enough..
Left is Nicka K.'s "NY 112", and the right polish is Maybelline's "Orange Fix".. these had major chipping. The Maybelline one is old, around when the Color Show polishes came out, but it still keeps me away from these and seeing if it has been re-formulated.

These got super goopy!! Sinful Colors's glitter in "I Miss You!" and Orly's Nail Defense Strengthening Protein Treatment. I really loved the Orly treatment when I first bought it but I think my nails got used to it and it was not as effective as it had once been.

These are polishes that got goopy too, but I reallllllly used these a lot. Left is Rimmel's "Steel Grey" and right is Zoya's "Julie".. I love purple/gray/taupe colors like that Rimmel one!! I think I might repurchase that actually after I finish off some other polishes ( that takes me a while.. slowly but surely will finish some ;) ). Zoya's "Julie" was so pretty!! I got this and "Mason" in previous Ipsy bags. I wish this was the only polish brand we got in Ipsy!! ( Alas.. we get Nailtini, too ). 

No comments:

Post a Comment