Saturday, April 11, 2015

De-Cluttering My Collection - Face

Hey guys. :) As you may know I've been de-cluttering through project pans, etc. But I need to just get rid of some things I know I'll never use completely.
Starting with concealers;
 - Physician's Formula Concealer 101 duo: this has been dry and hard since the start, if creamier I would definitely keep; I love yellow concealers!
- Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda concealer palette: I liked to mix the green-toned and lighter skin toned concealer but this was honestly just getting old and found it to be cakey under the eyes. Also, I found the top right one completely useless for my skin. Some describe it as peach-toned but I disagree.
- Covergirl + Olay concealer balm: AGAIN.. I SWEAR EVERYTHING IN THEIR LINE IS TOO ORANGE FOR ME!!!! I don't mind keeping an orange concealer because it can help with the undereye but all this does is crease and fade.
- Neutrogena concealer stick: This shade suits me fine, but it fades and creases as well.
On to.. primers:
- Laura Geller Spackle in Champagne: Ugh. I see no use in a primer like this because of the sparkles (for my skin.. emphasizes pores and acne).
- L'Oreal magic Perfecting Base: UGH!! This stuff is so hard to blend on the skin!!! So thick!!! I got this trial size at my local Dollar Tree store.
 Cheeks:
- Nars Illuminator in Orgasm: Classic cult shade I know but it doesn't belong in this format. You have to use this with a blush in all honesty. It isn't my ideal blush or highlight and takes too much effort.
- Elizabeth Mott Tints & Sass: I will never be pleased with these "Benetint" type products they always go on streaky.
- City Color Be Matte blush: This came from Ipsy in the shade Melon. I'm just not feeling it. I can never get the seamless look I like. It isn't a practical color either; I like deep terracotta and dimensional blushes.
 Powder:
 Maybelline Shine Free Loose Powder in Light: In my opinion, powder must look natural and this doesn't.. loose powder is such a pain, too. 
A sad one..
Covergirl + Olay eye corrector in 230 (yellow): MY PRECIOUS :( I loved this.. It's been in many of my posts. I opened this and I saw the nasty cracking that you see.. I even hit the bottom of the pot!

I have been finishing a ton of makeup and other products up lately!! Can't wait to share another empties post soon! What do you want to see next? 
With love,
Emily


2 comments:

  1. Good stuff once again and helpful. I am doing some spring cleaning too and you have me some ideas. Any thoughts on best summer makeup tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but I think I might do a post on that! Thanks for the idea Lisa!

      Delete