Thursday, September 10, 2015

Everyday Makeup Organization / Weekly Rotation

Morning babes I've been watching a lot of Weekly Makeup Basket videos on Youtube (from people like Glamour with Grace and I always love Pretty Pistol 86's videos). I realized that I store and rotate my daily makeup in a similar way so I thought I'd share. 
I use an acrylic organizer that I found at a Marshall's and that little purple plastic bin that you can find at just about any store (Dollar Tree, Target, etc.)



A quick note: I don't rotate my face base products very often unless I used one up (primer, foundation, concealer, powder) because I don't necessarily have an overflow of those in my collection and because the base is so important that I only want to use things that really work for me. I do have a lot of color cosmetics (shadows, blush, lip products, etc.). I rotate the colored cosmetics weekly and pick what I want to wear.
Let's start off with the things that I don't rotate or rotate rarely .. FACE BASE:
Primers
Maybelline Master Prime (Redness control one), MUFE Step 1 Smoothing, Hourglass Mineral Veil, Benefit Porefessional
Foundations
Dr. Jart Premium BB, KVD Lock-It Tattoo, Rimmel Lasting Finish, It Cosmetics CC, Estee Lauder Double Wear
Blush/HIghlight
Essence blush in "Adorable" (current blush in my Project Pan), PF face pearls (discontinued), Hard Candy "Tiki"
Concealers:
Maybelline Age Rewind in "Brightener", NYX HD in 01 and 02, Maybelline Master Conceal
Powders
WNW Bikini Contest bronzer, NYX Stay Matte but Not Flat powder, L'Oreal True Match, NYX original blush in "Taupe"
Eye bases and liners
Hard Candy Lite Brite highlighting concealer (I use as eye base see Project Pan post), Laura Geller Eye Spackle, Essence shadow stick, Cargo eyeliner (Project Pan item), Marcelle plum liner, Smashbox "Onyx" liner, 2 mini Lord and Berry liners
Eye basics.. here I keep brow products, open mascaras, liquid liners, and primers
WNW Brow Kit, Essence I <3 Extreme, Prestige My Longest Lashes, L'Oreal Voluminous Original, UD Subversion primer, Prescriptive mascara sample, elf Primer and Liner Sealer duo, NYX Jumbo in "Milk", Elizabeth Mott You're So Fine liner, NYC black liquid liner, Rimmel brow gel

And now .. the colored cosmetics!

Shadows
Revlon "Impressionist", WNW "Knock on Wood" (discontinued  heard!!), WNW LE "Standing My Campground" and "Sun-Set to See", and a face illuminizer by Vintage (ipsy find) that I sue as a shadow
My fave NYX singles
I always keep these in my organizer because these shades are so versatile.
Now for lipliners, I keep these ones in the front and my newer and similar shades behind them. Basically rotating them so I use the old ones first.
NYX "Nude Beige", Jordana "Baby Berry", Rimmel "Epic" (LOVE), Milani "Natural", NYX red, SK "Pink Whisper"
and in the back..
NYX "Nude Truffle", Rimmel "Enchantment", Essence nude 
and a random...
This is a random Honey Stick gloss ("In the Flesh" lip set) that I've used about half of and want to finish and remind myself to use. 
Lip products...
Maybelline Matte "Lust for Blush", Buxom "Amsterdam", elf Matte Lip Color "Tea Rose", Revlon "Honey" stain, Khroma lipstick/liner duo from the "In the Flesh" kit, KVD "Lolita", Rimmel Kate Moss "104", Hourglass "Child" gloss

and finally
I've used up the Smashbox Primer Water but I love its sprayer so I put my Hard Candy setting spray in this bottle!

Anyways, I will be doing weekly baskets and Project Pan updates so I thought showing how I organize and rotate through my makeup would give you guys good context!
In the future, in my basket posts I will only show what I'm actually rotating through; the colored cosmetics. 
I'm thinking of doing my weekly baskets and pan updates in one post seeing as I keep my pan items in my organizer and they are mostly colored cosmetics.
Talk to you soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment