Saturday, March 22, 2014

Eye PrimerFavorites and If You Should Invest

I personally find eye primer to be crucial and find that they truly make a difference in eye makeup.. with all the ones on the market should you go high-end or stay in the drugstore? Here are my favorites from both ends of the spectrum:

The high-end option- Urban Decay Primer Potions (left to right): Original, Eden, and Sin
 
 I LOVE these and find them amazing. You do not need much of this product to ensure the longevity of your eye makeup. My eye makeup when using these does last the entire day looking fresh and as vibrant as it was freshly applied. The primer in "Original" blends into your skin tone when it is spread across the lid. The one in "Eden" is a yellow tone that cancels out any discoloration on the lids, and the one in "Sin" is a beautiful shimmering taupe that can even be worn by itself for a low-maintenance look. Another thing the Primer Potions are good for is to use the one in "Original" (or "Eden" but I prefer "Original"), but just the tiniest amount, right into the fine lines under my eyes where my concealer creases and blend it out. It prevents my concealer from creasing, too!! These are all trial sizes of the Urban Decay primers and last a super long time! I bought the one in "Original" for $12 by itself from Sephora, and the one in "Eden" and "Sin" I bought from Ulta in a set for around $10-$12. Love these.

The affordable/drugstore option- Essence's Stays No Matter What jumbo shadow sticks (left to right) in "Whipped White Frosting" and "Cute Copper", and e.l.f.'s (eyeslipsface) Eyelid Primer from their Essentials line:
 The two shadow sticks are very nice bases for shadow and have a sort of tackiness that helps the shadows cling to them nicely. These shadow sticks are also nicely pigmented and I find the Copper one to be more smooth. They don't necessarily blend the easiest across the lid, but nothing you can't blend out with your finger. These are very affordable ranging from $3 to $4 and the Essence line can be found at Ulta. The last of the bunch is e.l.f's Eyelid Primer. This blends out to your skin tone like the UD one in "Original" and does prevent creasing, although I don't find it making my shadows more vibrant. This retails for only a $1! This can be found at http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/eyes/concealers_and_primers/eyelid_primer, Target, and Walmart (have you seen e.l.f at your Walmart? Mine just recently stocked their lines!).

Swatches:
Top row from left to right: Essence's "Whipped White Frosting", "Cute Copper" and e.l.f's primer
Bottom row: Urban Decay's "Original", "Eden", and "Sin"
 
Which are right for you?
I do not have oily eyelids by any means, and if yours are the same then I suggest you go for any of them, drugstore or high-end!!
However I have heard from people with oily lids that the e.l.f one has not worked for them so to be safe I would recommend going for the Urban Decay ones. Although if you really wanted to try the e.l.f one I would because the $1 is not a huge loss and may work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment