Thursday, March 13, 2014

Favorites

This week I have definitely been into doing new things and switching up the things I'm using.
This picture I posted on my Instagram shows all my favorites and a few other products (now let's figure out what I'm loving)


 
Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid-Mousse Foundation (Ivory):
I have a love-hate relationship with this (97% love) foundation..
I am totally in love with the formula and got this for just around $4 because there was a coupon pad at Ulta. This is matte, longwearing, and full coverage (I do still have to conceal circles and minor redness).. but the shade is where I run into problems. It's just a little too dark, this was the lightest shade too. I can easily fix this by bringing it down the jawline and bronzing but I usually don't like to do that and worry about what my neck looks like throughout the day.
 
L'Oreal Color Riche Le Balm (Nude Indulgence):


I have 2 of these Le Balms (other in Rose Elixir) but I really would suggest this one pictured which is "Nude Indulgence". It is the YLBB kind of color especially for my naturally mauve lips. This really evens out the color and adds shine to the lips. Plus it is very moisturizing.
 
BareMinerals Lash Domination:

I usually don't splurge on mascaras but this one I'm really loving lately. I personally will sacrifice some length for better volume, and this brush help achieve volume and separation with length. It has a Benefit They're Real kind of comb with the spikey bristles but these spiral around, so even when I do go from root to tip and really fanning out the lashes it still has contact with the lashes adding volume and separation. I REALLY love this lately, and will probably repurchase in the future.
 
Covergirl&Olay concealer balm:
At first I really did not like this product because the whole "Olay" part of the title of this product made me think it would work really well under the eyes (which it did not for me, shade was a little orange for my liking), but I recently pulled it out of my collection as a face concealer (on a rare day I don't use my UD 24/7 one). I really like this because it is smooth and natural-looking and just the right shade for my face to use on blemishes.
 
Benefit's Bella Bamba boxed powder:

 
Lately I've also been really loving blush in general, I particularly enjoy this one, Bobbi Brown's "Desert Rose", and BareMinerals's "The One". I think when applied diffused and in the correct place, blush is just stunning.
 
WetnWild Coloricon Bronzer in "Reseve Your Cabana":
I've been making more of an effort to highlight daily this week! Since I have oily skin I just wanted to experiment and play around with highlights because they are (for the most part), shimmery. I've really liked this on top of the cheekbones because it is a fairly neutral golden-y champagne color so it can go with a lot of blushes I top it with.















No comments:

Post a Comment