Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Review!! WetnWild Coloricon trios (Specifically in "Silent Treatment")

One of the most affordable makeup brands out there along with e.l.f (or eyeslipsface).. WetnWild!  The ColorIcon trios retail from $2-3 depending on your area. These shadows come in many different shades/trios, and even 8-pan palettes (like the famous Comfort Zone 8-pan palette of neutrals)! This one in "Silent Treatment" has a beautiful taupe as the lid color, a blackened brown as the crease shade, and a shimmering champagne pink as the browbone highlight. Anyways, on to the review..
This is the packaging and what it looks like:

Swatches in natural light:


Quality:
The shadows themselves are very pigmented and blend easily, in fact they blend so easily I often just use the sponge-tip and the other little brush they give you to create my look.
The wear:
I ALWAYS use primer under my shadows so I cannot tell you how they are on a bare lid, but with a primer these last perfectly well throughout the average 8-10 hours I have my makeup on during the day.
The verdict and would I repurchase:
These trios (and specifically this beautiful one) are so worth the price ranging from neutrals to colors that pop! These rival my high-end shadows from Urban Decay and BareMinerals in their pigmentation and wear (with primer). Because of the gorgeous taupe, I would definitely repurchase this trio if I ever ran out, some say it's a dupe for Mac's "Satin Taupe".





No comments:

Post a Comment