Saturday, March 8, 2014

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation

This foundation is available at Sephora, Ulta, and Tarte's website for $38.
The only claims on the bottle are that is it oil-free and longwear makeup.

 
I have light skin and I bought the shade "Fair Sand", this has very apparent yellow undertones (so make sure to get shade-matched or swatch shades in person!!). I have very oily skin and this did not oxidize on me at all and stayed true to the shade throughout the day which is very important to me. This did not keep me matte the entire day as I had anticipated, but does a well job with touchups (to touch up I blot with oil sheets and BareMinerals pressed translucent Mineral Veil). The coverage is full but can get cakey QUICK. Definitely start with a sheer layer. I blend this with my Real Techniques or a damp sponge.
The verdict and would I repurchase?
I'm very pleased with this foundation and its good ingredients (all Tarte products don't have parabens, etc.) but I will continue to buy and try different foundations until I find my HG all day matte foundation (currently trying the Rimmel Stay Matte mousse!!) so I will not be repurchasing.



No comments:

Post a Comment