Thursday, April 10, 2014

A shadow trio, quad, and palette that I think get the job done all by themselves!

Isn't it so much easier to use shadows that are already grouped together in a trio or palette instead of having to dig through your entire collection? I know it sure is easier for me, I tend to reach for my Naked 2 palette so much more than trying to hassle with a ton of single shadows to create a look. I pulled out 3 shadow products that can be used alone to create looks!
 
Up first is this trio from NYX's Love in Rio line in "Cabana Boy"

I designate this trio for being a neutral warm look.
I usually put the gold on the inner half od my lids and the lighter brown on the outer half, then I blend the deeper brown in the crease. For more of a natural look I use the lighter brown on my lids and blend the deeper brown in my crease.


This next quad is by Physician's Formula in "Classic Nudes":

The first swatch on the left is a little hard to see because I have a pale skintone but it is a cream color. These shadows seem to have a warmer undertone, especially the 3rd shade/swatch. These look so on beautiful and SMOOTH on the eyes!! So natural giving you the "contours you wish you had"..I use this quad when I'm trying to downplay my shadow because of a bolder lipcolor or a bright eyeliner!!
 
This small palette was a limited edition by Smashbox in "Sparks" and came with a liner and mascara:


 
I use these when I'm going for a nice bronzed look. The peach shades really help blend and get a nice soft focus effect!! These shadows are beyond buttery and I love them!!
 
Thinking of doing a "How to wear bright eyeliner" post next.. and stay tuned for an IMATS haul next weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. Helpful hints. I need the help:)
    Can't wait for an IMATS update since u wanted to go but could not get tix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be updating soon on everything I got!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be updating soon on everything I got!! :)

    ReplyDelete