Saturday, April 5, 2014

Everyday Makeup Items

For just one person, I have a pretty large makeup collection so it really says something if I use a product every single day; here are my daily makeup items:
For during the week at school, I prefer fuller coverage and I use my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour foundation ($38 for 1.7 oz.- great size; the standard foundation is only 1 oz.):
I've already have done a full review on this foundation and I love it! Great staying power and coverage, and it does NOT oxidize.
 
For my concealing step, I use one for the face and undereye, for the undereye I use Maybelline's DreamLumi concealer in Radiant, and for the face I use Covergirl+Olay's concealer balm:

I love the Maybelline one for day to day use for its brightening purposes because of its salmon color for dark circles, and it's priced reasonably (wanting to try a higher end one though!!). The Covergirl balm matches my face really well which is why I use it for blemishes. Also, it has a very smooth and thin texture while having good coverage on the redness that blemishes always come with.
 
For contouring I like to use NYX's Matte Bronzer in Light:

I like to use this to contour mainly because it is matte and not too muddy (it does have a little orange to it though), and it blends well.

 
Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless eye corrector in 230:

I love using this for concealing redness before foundation and for blending out the Maybelline concealer with into my natural skintone because it is salmon. I like the thin consistency of this product! I got this on clearance at Target a while back for $3 so I'm not sure if it has been discontinued or not.
 
Brightening the waterline: Benefit's EyeBright and Chella's Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil:

I love using a nude colored liner in the waterline!!! It opens the eye and makes them look so much bigger! I apply the Eyebright first because it has a slightly drier consistency than the Chella pencil which I think helps it adhere to the waterline rather than a creamier pencil. I then top it off with the Chella pencil because it is creamier and more of a natural color than the pink-toned EyeBright. Loooove this combo.
 
For mascara I usually use drugstore although I have quite a few high-end ones waiting to be used after these two dry up!! These are the Covergirl Lashblast Volume and Maybelline's The Rocket mascara

These two mascaras give the best volume and length! I use them together daily and my lashes look long and thick.. love love loooove.


To set my foundation and concealer I use NYX's Stay Matte But Not Flat powder foundation:
I don't have a single bad thing to say about this powder. I like setting my foundation with this because it has great coverage; of course when I use it to set my makeup I use a fluffy brush (Real Techniques Powder Brush) but I can still tell the boost of coverage with this. It really gives the undereye a perfected matte finish yet not cakey and gross. This powder does keep you matte but not a cakey finish it is beautiful and truly unique and I have tried a ton of powders! I cannot wait to go to IMATS on the 13th to stock up on this stuff I've hit major pan on this stuff!!!


My finishing step is Make Up For Ever HD Powder:

I use this sparingly and dust it very lightly (using my elf blush brush; this helps the powder not fly everywhere considering the price of this stuff haha) and it gives such an airbrushed and perfected finish! I got this as a 100 point perk from Sephora over a year ago and still have this little size!

1 comment: