Sunday, April 20, 2014

IMATS Haul!!

Hi everyone!! I went to NY IMATS on the Sunday with general admission as a birthday gift from my dad!! I wanted to share with you guys what I had picked up!! :)
I got a lot from NYX because I saw how long the LimeCrime line was and decided to ditch that and go to NYX.. NYX has to be my favorite drugstore brand; let's start with NYX!!
The Stay Matte but Not Flat liquid foundation I chose shade "Ivory"
This has medium coverage and does not last as long as Revlon ColorStay but I mixed this with my Rimmel Stay Matte mousse and enjoyed it! I also picked up 3 of the Stay Matte powder foundations because they're my HG powders I got 2 in "Ivory" and 1 in "Nude".. they prompted me to buy this!!

HD concealer in "Fair"
This concealer is okay. I like the thin consistency for making a V-shape to highlight my under eye with. It has medium buildable coverage.

Powder blush in "Taupe"
I only bought this to experiment with contouring my cheeks with it! It is a nice cooler shade that really does mimic a shadow under your cheekbones. The pigmentation is not wild which I like in blushes so that they are buildable and do not look crazy and clown like.

Powder shadow in "Over the Taupe Taupe"
I bought this as a nice subtle crease shade that would add depth!
 
 Felt Tip Liner in "Jet Black"
I recently ran out of my e.l.f liquid eyeliner that I had been using since Christmas so I decided to pick this up and I realized how accustomed to liquid liner I had become!! It's so hard to change formats of liner after being so used to one don't you think??
 
 MegaShine gloss in "Miami Babe"
I wanted to get one of these after hearing a lot of rave over all the beautiful shades on YouTube. I liked this one because I feel like I will get a lot of use out of it and it smells like cherry lollipops!!

Dark Circle Concealer in "Light"
I am always on the hunt for a concealer that will COVER my dark circles. This is not as creamy as I had hoped but I like to use this and then go over with my Maybelline Dream Lumi.

Soft Matte Lip Cream in "Instanbul"
First off, THIS SMELLS JUST LIKE CAKE BATTER.. yum! It's a nice and pigmented medium pink. I am doing a comparison of this and Essence's Stay Matt lip cream later this week!
 
A Multi-Purpose face brush
This brush really is not that great of quality.. It sheds and when I washed it some of the black from the bristles washed away with the makeup that was on it and it smelled like tar.. I am keeping it as a backup for when my other powder brush from Real Techniques is wet and I need to use one.

Swatches!!
LtoR: blush, shadow, liner, gloss, lip cream!!
Thanks to the sales at IMATS all this was just under $60 including the Stay Matte powders which weren't pictured (sorry about that, can't find the picture on my laptop :( ).
 
On to Stila! I picked up 2 things.
The Convertible Color in "Lillium"
I like things that are dual purpose; and this is a lip/cheek cream. It's not overly pigmented and looks nice on the lips and cheeks which is nice because some things are marketed for both purposes but are sometimes more drying on the lips or too dewy for the cheeks.

Stay All Day liquid liner in "Snow"
I really like doing bold liner. I do wings daily and like to add pops of color and different things so I picked this up! I posted a picture of a look I did on my Instagram with it (@makeupbyemilyy). I just wish it was a little more intense and pigmented!
 
 Swatches!!
TtoB: liner, cream
 
Next is a brand called "Clean Apothecary". They were selling brush cleaner in all sorts of fresh scents and some lip balms!!
I got there brush shampoo in "Grapefruit".
I haven't tried this yet but it has no bad chemicals and very natural ingredients so I'm excited to give my brushes a little detox :)
 
Lipbalms!! In "Coconut Lemongrass" and "Tahitian Vanilla"
I bought 3 of these but realized I bought two of the "Coconut Lemongrass" one! Oh well, but I am a lip balm ADDICT. I love them so much! These are just some clear balms. :)
 
Next, I got a BeautyBlender!!
I am going to continue to try this but for now I'm not really seeing all the hype about this sponge.. hope I will start loving it!
 
I got an eye blending brush from random brand.. the name isn'ton the brush anywhere but I want to say it was something like CiCi? Anyways it's just a fluffy blending brush!
I'm not sure if you can tell by the picture but.. guys.. it's shedding :(
I'm not really used to shedding because I'm spoiled with Real Techniques and the e.l.f brushes from their studio line.. I still like this because surprisingly I do not have a fluffy brish like this yet but I hate the shedding!!
 
That's my entire haul! I did not get anything from LimeCrime (2 hour line!! I am not about that..) or Sigma (same reason). I might just order some stuff online from them in the future.
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Nice haul. Please let us know how the NYX powder blush looks. I was thinking of trying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I warm up my cheeks temples and forehead with bronzer byt then I'll use rhe taupe blush to contour right under my cheekbones and right in hollows of my temples..I've been living how it works! Thanks for reading!!

      Delete