Sunday, August 10, 2014

Best & Worst Blushes

Hi guys!! I don't usually talk about blush often but I do love it. :) Blush can really pull a look together. When I have no blush/bronzer on my face looks so blah. Here are my best and worst blushes.. let's start with my picks for the best:
LtoR.. TheBalm's Hot Mama!, WetNWild MegaGlo powder in "Spotlight Peach", (top) Bobbi Brown's "Desert Rose", Bare Minerals Ready Blush in "The One", and Stila Convertible Color in the shade "Lillium".
1. The Balm's "Hot Mama!": This is surprisingly then only blush I own from The Balm. They are fabulous though. This particular one gives the cheeks a GORGEOUS warmth. I wore this on a date once (haha don't get those often) and I thought it gave the prettiest flush I have ever gotten from a blush. It is very unique in shade as well; it is a rose-gold. This is shimmery.
2. WetnWild's "Spotlight Peach": Much like the effect I get with "Hot Mama!", this also gives my cheeks a really pretty warmth. This is 4 shades and I usually swirl my brush throughout them. It gives a satin with a small amount of shimmer the way I use this.
3. Bobbi Brown "Desert Rose": Talk about an all-purpose blush!! This stuff goes with any look!!! It is a matte dusty rose. This is probably my favorite blush of all-time. I believe this is in super old packaging and it is old (I did sanitize it), but I would seriously repurchase this blush. So easy to blend, I can be heavy-handed with blush and I have never left the house looking like a clown with this.
4. Bare Minerals's "The One": This is like the Bobbi blush in how it really goes with a lot of looks, this is just more pink than the Bobbi one. This also super blendable.
5. Stila Convertible Color in "Lillium": Can I go an entire post without mentioning this??? It is my favorite cream blush formula.. I have a couple of these in different shades and they all contain no shimmer (not sure about the rest of the line..). These are fabulous for layering. This shade is a creamy, classic pink.
Swatches: 
LtoR.. TheBalm, WetNWild, Bobbi Brown, Bare Minerals, Stila

The worst....
LtoR: Benefit's "Bella Bamba", Physician's Formula Happy Booster Bronzer/Blush in "Bronze/Natural", NYX's "Spice", WetNWild's Pearlescent Pink
1. Benefit's "Bella Bamba": This will show up in swatches but will not show up on the cheeks, I am left with just gold shimmer.. very frustrating. The texture is not very smooth or creamy. It is not binded well.
2. PF's "Bronze/Natural": No pigment whatsoever; this is so hard to get even visible on the cheeks
3. NYX's "Spice": This always applies patchy on me and is too pigmented to be controlled. I would never say the entire NYX powder blush line is a worst for me, it is just this shade.
4. WetNWild's "Pearlescent Pink": Much like the NYX one, this is too hard to control!!!
 Swatches:
LtoR.. Benefit, PF, NYX, WetNWild

That is all. :)
What would you like to see next?
-Em :)


2 comments:

  1. Good stuff. I am waiting till the fall to buy anything else. Trying to save a few dollars;)
    Look forward to next post about lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing my no buy until holidays so I can get a holiday set!! Those are irresistable to me!! Especially those lip sets!!!!!

      Delete