Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What I am Using Up for Project Pan!

If you've read some of my blog posts this summer, I've been mentioning how I am really trying to use up some of my makeup.
*
My Seasonal Makeup Switch-Up features a lot of the products I am "Project Pan"ning. That switch-up post originated from my epiphany that I was using the same face products for school everyday (can't blame me though, don't you love a foundation that you can count on for not oxidizing on oily skin?!) and I've been making good progress in that effort of using my other products more. SO much progress that I want to try to Project Pan them by the holiday season so in about 4/5 months (or at least use them as much as possible). I just want them out of my collection; I really need to de-clutter. I have too much makeup for one human and it can get overwhelming.
I wish Project Pan was a lot more popular but hey we all feel differently.
*
My Project Pan rules:
- When I finish a product it will be replaced by the same type of product from my collection (if it's a primer another primer will be substituted in.. you get the idea).
- If an item in my Project Pan is making me break out, then I can stop using it because skin is more essential than makeup.
- I cannot buy any* makeup until the 20 products are finished.
- *The only makeup I am allowed to purchase this time are my e.l.f Brow Kit and my NYX Stay Matte but Not Flat powder. They are irreplaceable and I cannot go without my brows.
- Skincare and haircare purchases do not count as they are not makeup.
- I will still be subscribing to Birchbox and Ipsy; not sure if you'd consider that a makeup purchase so to speak because it's like a box of chocolates.
*
*The items in this post are products I want to use up so I either am not a fan of them or they're just not re-purchase worthy.*
*
Here's a look at what I'm doing for PROJECT PAN 2K14 (so dramatic as usual haha):
Primer and foundations first:
- Maybelline Baby Skin: This is nice and smoothing but definitely not good for my oil.. a little too moisturizing for a primer. And I fell in love with my Smashbox Photo Finish foundation primer sample and want it purchase it full-size when I finish this off.
- NYX Stay Matte but Not Flat liquid foundation: I only enjoy this as my liquid foundation when I really make an effort to pat in and set it with the NYX Stay Matte powder. I do love this for mixing with the next foundation I'm going to talk about and my Rimmel Stay Matte mousse.. basically this has its purpose in my collection until I finish off what I like mixing it with. 
- Covergirl Clean Whipped foundation: I will never buy a Covergirl face product again! Every single one I have tried oxidized horribly on my skin and the shades are always too orange to begin with. Because this is too dark and pink I have to use it with the NYX liquid foundation because it has dominant yellow tones that helps even it all out.
 Concealer:
- NYX Dark Circle Concealer: not my favorite and wish it was more creamy but it works decently. I really want to try the Pixi Brightening Concentrate when I finish this product.
- Benefit Erase Paste: a big jar of money down the damn drain. I am so angry I bought this.. overpriced and way too emollient. It creases like no other and doesn't even camouflage my dark circles. I want this out of my life.
- Essence Match 2 Cover!: Too hard and not creamy.. not getting great coverage either.
- CoverGirl+Olay concealer balm: I have the lightest shade and it is seriously orange. And maybe you thought "Hey orange tones may help under the eye!".. well I tried that and this creased horribly. It accentuated all of the texture in that area too and I'm only a teen how could I have skin that has been that aged.
These last 3 I think are discontinued. I bought them on clearance/at Big Lots.
- Maybelline Mineral Power concealer: This look so cakey! I can't take it.
- CoverGirl+Olay Eye Rehab 2-in-1: THIS IS SO ORANGE I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW ORANGE THIS IS AND AGAIN; I HAVE THE LIGHTEST SHADE. Shame on CoverGirl..
This takes so little product that making at least a dent would be considered pan for me.
- CoverGirl+Olay Simply Ageless Eye Corrector: I actually don't hate this. It is a yellow concealer and actually performs decent on the under eye and on redness (in attempts to neutralize); it's just not my fave so I'd like to use it up.
While I know this will take so long because there are so many, but hey maybe I'll finish a few here and there and tell you guys!
 Bronzer/Highlighter:
- CoverGirl Tru Magic "The Sunkisser" (cream bronzer): I got this mini one when I bought a mascara. It's nice and interesting for the drugstore to offer a cream bronzer, but I do prefer my powder bronzers over this.
- NYX Matte Bronzer in "Light": I use this to bronze my complexion and my neck and chest (when my foundation is looking too dark), but it definitely has some red tones to it that I'm not the biggest fan of. I like my Revlon PhotoReady "Bronzed and Chic" a lot more.
 - WetNWild ColorIcon Bronzer (aka highlight) in "Reserve Your Cabana": I use this as a highlight daily but you wouldn't be able to tell because it is so pigmented and I've barely made a dent! I'd just like to get to the pan for pride purposes honestly.
Primers, liners, and mascaras:
-  Urban Decay Primer Potion in "Original" and e.l.f Eyelid Primer in "Sheer": I have a lot of eye bases and primers. While these are nice I would like to finish them. 
- NYX Wonder Pencil in "Light": I use this as a nude liner in my water line but I really want to try a new one and would like to finish this before buying another.
- Sephora Nano Liner in "Plum": I use plums and browns on my lower lash line daily and this pencil is so average. There are definitely creamier liners in the drugstore.
- Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Volumizing and Cargo Texas Lash mascaras: I really want to open the CK mascara I got from Ulta as the 2014 birthday gift and the CoverGirl Bombshell mascara and I only allot myself to 2 open mascaras at a time and just want these to be done. I do enjoy the formula but not repurchase items. 
Lipstick:
- TheBalm's Balm Girls lipstick in "Mai Billsbepaid": a beautiful nude shade and probably my most-worn lipstick.. I always feel classy with a high-end lipstick on. I think it would be cool to finish a lipstick.. I'm not going to kick myself for not finishing this super fast because lippies take forever to finish!
*
I will be updating you guys monthly on my progress with finishing these up. 
There's my Project Pan! What are you guys trying to finish in your collection, comment links to your blogs or tell me on IG (@makeupbyemilyy)? I find this topic so interesting. :) I love my collection don't misunderstand but sometimes it's an "out with the old and in with the new" type of situation for me. :)
- Em

No comments:

Post a Comment