Sunday, August 10, 2014

Skincare Haul!

I mentioned in a recent post that I have been wanting to redo my skincare routine and thought I would do it during the VIB event at Sephora (3x points). 
My current skincare routine is exfoliating (2-3x a week), washing my face with Neutrogena Deep Clean cleanser, and moisturizing with Lubriderm (for dry skin; yes I am oily but I do still find moisture to be crucial). As you can see I'm pretty minimalistic. I really wanted to switch it up.
I decided to invest in the things you leave on so basically everything but cleanser. I find it almost silly to invest a ton of cash into a cleanser that washes off.
For now I use samples of exfoliants/and a scrub I have, my Neutrogena Deep Clean cleanser, and what I'm about to show..
I purchased a face mist (I use as toner), a moisturizer, and an eye cream.
*
First is the Caudalie Beauty Elixir (the 1 oz. one for $18):
I tried this before in their Caudalie Favorites Kit and used the entire bottle of this Beauty Elixir up. I used it as a toner step (after cleanser, before moisturizer) and really noticed it helping reduce my breakouts and just generally calm my skin. I really loved it and since it's pricey and I wanted to repurchase so I bought this in the 1 oz. size instead of their full-size.
*
The moisturizer I decided to try was Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (4.2 oz. for $26):
I've always wanted to try Clinique's skincare and this moisturizer had a lot of good reviews from people with similar skin types to me (oily and combo girls HOLLA!!). I like gel moisturizers because they aren't overly greasy and absorb fairly quickly. I tried this today (at night) and it moisturized me but there is no excess moisture giving me oil so I like it so far!!
*
I wanted to get a new eye cream and got Origins's GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream (0.5 oz. for $30):
I just really wanted to try a new eye cream because I was currently just using my moisturizer in that area and needed change. I have very dark under eye circles and this has some claims to help with those (we'll see about that), and based from reviews it isn't overly thick or heavy so I could use it before makeup. I actually used it today (at night) and my under eye area is moisturized and smooth. I like it so far!
*
I am super excited to use all these products and will keep you guys updated on my skin; especially with the eye cream!
What do you want to see next? Let me know!!
- Em 

No comments:

Post a Comment