Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Makeup Empties :)

As you may know, I am on a Project Pan, so in the spirit of using up makeup I thought I would share my empties. I go through hair, bath/body, and skin products left and right so if you'd like me to include those next time tell me in a comment or on IG. :)
Here's the empty makeup containers that have been sitting in my room:
LtoR..
Benefit Porefessional: I like the product, but not the price..
Repurchase? No, but if it came in a set I was going to purchase I would use it all up.
Rimmel Stay Matte Primer: I love this stuff!! It's not a super smoothing type primer it's more of a lotion consistency but this seriously keeps me matte!!
Repurchase? Yes, once I finish other primer samples I have.
Maybelline Dream Lumi ("Radiant"): This is okay.. I bought this shade because it is marketed as the corrector shade but it has no depth to it. It has too much white in its coloring to correct, it merely highlights.
Repurchase? No.
Lorac Touch-Up To Go Foundation and Concealer Pen: I really loved this to touch up my concealer under my eyes or around my face if it had faded during the day!! It blended beautifully over my makeup and did not cake up even when I dusted powder over it. I bought this 50% off when Sephora was discontinuing Lorac in their stores so it was $14. 
Repurchase? I'm on the fence for this one.. the product I received was amazing but it was such a small amount and I ran out so quickly even when only using this for touch-ups. Also, $28 would be ridiculous.
LtoR..
Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation (Normal/Dry): I bough this formula because everyone said it looked more natural than the Combo./Oily formula but I find them to be the same. 
Repurchase? I enjoy this foundation and would repurchase in the future. The shade 150 "Buff" has a very neutral tone that I like.
NYX Stay Matte but Not Flat Powder foundation: I use this to set my foundation. It adds a slight bit of coverage and perfects the finish on my skin.
Repurchase? Yes I have 2 already. :)
MUFE HD Finishing Powder: I like this stuff anywhere except my under eye area because I find that it can accentuate texture there. It gives a very velvety soft finish to the skin.
Repurchase? No, it is pricey and it flies into the air during application so a lot of product is wasted.
Benefit Eye Bright: I used this in my waterline to brighten it up but it was not longwearing at all.
Repurchase? No, it did not last long in my waterline and it has titanium dioxide in it (I hear that is a bad ingredient in cosmetics and I've been a little crazy lately about that).
MICA Beauty Gel Eyeliner: I think this was my very first gel liner and I received it from Ipsy in February 2013. I loved this stuff it was incredible. It started to dry out and I had gotten my Essence gel liner in "Midnight in Paris" to replace this. 
Repurchase? I loved this until I found it that it costs $35... my Essence one is just as good for under $5.
Bare Minerals Lash Domination mascara: I loved this. I liked the rubber bristle brush and the volume it built. 
Repurchase? Yes in the future. I like to use mascaras up before buying more. I am not one to stash them.
e.l.f Eyebrow Kit: I only use the tinted wax in this kit to shape my brows, I do not use the powder to set the wax because I find that it is warmer in tone than the wax (I have this kit in "Medium"). I use the applicator given and the wax to shape my brows and then I set it with a taupe shadow with an angled brush. Then I use brow gel. This kit makes filling in brows SO easy, It is HG status for me.
Repurchase?? YES.
I used up a lip balm!!! This never happens!! I finished an eos in "Sweetmint". This is definitely the most moisturizing out of their line. I find the others to not penetrate my lips with moisture as well. This is awesome because it soaks into my lips, is minty, and was my lip prep step before makeup.
Repurchase?? I have so many lip balms but this one was so fabulous I would repurchase it after using up more of my balm stash.

I love finishing makeup, don't you!? I feel so accomplished. 
What would you like to see next? 
-Em :)

No comments:

Post a Comment