Sunday, August 24, 2014

My Fave Liquid, Gel, and Pencil Eyeliners!

Hi guys! Recently I had a request from @lovinq_makeup on my Instagram to do a top eyeliner post. I usually stick to my favorite liners and don't stray so I thought I'd share my fave liner for each format (liquid, gel, jumbo/regular size pencils). 
My favorite liquid liner I actually don't own at the moment (due to my no-buy and Project Pan), but it is elf's liquid eyeliner. I had it in the shade "Black" and it retails for $1. It was my first liquid liner and boy did it make the transition to other liquid liners so much easier!! A little FYI that this is not a tough guy when it comes to moisture so if you have watery eyes this might not be your best bet (I also enjoy Essence's liquid eyeliner as a more water resistant option that is also liquid). Here's a pic courtesy of beautydosage.com:
And for gel liners..
My favorite gel eyeliner is also very affordable... Essence's Gel Eyeliner. I own it in the black shade, "Midnight in Paris". Smooth, creamy, and a pigmented black. There is no having to build up your line to get the deep black definition you bought it for. This is very longwearing, as are most liners in this gel form. This retails at Ulta for $3.99. The only con about this product is the fact that you will need a liner brush to use with it. An affordable liner brush is Real Techniques's Fine Liner Brush which retails for $6.
Here's a pic of my Essence Gel Eyeliner:
Can you see the love I've given this?! I hit the bottom of the pot in a little heart-like shape (aww)! 
Pencil time! 
I chose two favorite liners in the pencil category; one is a jumbo-sized pencil and the other a regular.
The regular-sized pencil is Smashbox's Limitless Eyeliner in "Onyx"; their black shade which retails for $19 at Sephora. The reason I love this is that it is a pigmented liner that has enough creaminess to it that it glides on but is easy to control!! It doesn't skip as well, it is the only pencil I use on my upper lashline (I'm faithful to my gel) because it is so easy to control than most pencils.
Here's what it looks like:
The jumbo-sized pencil liner I love is the Jordana 12 HR Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil in "Stay-On Black". I like using this as a base (like I did in this post) or as smoky liner on my upper lashline. Because this is a jumbo pencil it is less precise, so it forgiving and great for smudged out liner. Like today, I used this and smudged it on my upper lashline and then I'll use my gel liner and do a wing and it gives a nice soft look. It stays very well and is super affordable; retailing for $3.99. The other shades in this line are gorgeous as bases or liners too!
Here's the pencil:
What would you like to see next??
- Em :)

2 comments: