Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Birchbox July 2014 Unboxing

Hi guys! I didn't know that I subscribed early enough to Birchbox to receive a July box but it came in the mail yesterday! Sweet, right?!
I was going to compare this and my Ipsy for July but I didn't know that I was going to receive this so I figured I'll start that in August and keep the two bags unopened until they both arrive to write the post.

Birchbox teamed up with Women's Health for this box and here's what I got:
NaoBay Body Radiance Lotion 1.01 fl. oz. (Sample)
Body lotion that deeply moisturizes the skin thanks to Olive oil, Avocado oil, and Shea Butter which nourish and firm tissue. Added Aloe vera provides protection against external aggressions. Results: velvety smooth, comfortable and soft skin.
I tested this on both of my hands and they are now softer than before. I really like its consistency because it is light but not greasy (I find that with a lot of light lotions) and soaks into the skin quickly. So far I enjoy this!

Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel (Sample)
Our unique blend of ingredients gently adheres to the dead surface skin cells on your face. By gently massaging , the Luminous 3-Minute peel buffs off and exfoliates the dead cells from your skin, leaving you with soft, glowing skin.
When getting skincare products in a subscription service, I always prefer an exfoliant. I love exfoliating and find it so invigorating. I got a sample of the Peter Thomas Roth Peeling Gel which started my love for peels. I find the concept of watching dead skin literally peel off is so cool.. basically I love exfoliants and was excited to see this. 

Caudalie Divine Oil (Sample)
A sensory delight
This dry oil moisturizes, nourishes, and enhances the skin thanks to its unique formula of exceptional oils (grape, hibiscus, sesame and argan) combined with our patented anti-oxidant polyphenols. It envelops the skin with a subtle, floral,and sunkissed fragrance, punctuated with woody undertones.
I tested this product on my hand and was happy with how quickly it soaked in. I am changing my skincare routine to higher end products soon and enjoy trying different things to see which products are right for me. Plus, Caudalie rocks. Everything I have tried from them I have loved. I tried their items thanks to their Caudalie Favorites Set and definitely want to try more. Though a small vile, I am still happy I received this.

Supergoop! CC Cream Daily Correct SPF 40 (Sample)
This small bottle doesn't really have any claims just directions on how to apply it.
I do love trying new BB/CC creams because I actually used to hate them but have started to love them this summer. It was refreshing to see it come in "Fair to Light" and not have super orange tones. Excited to try this out as well. It sets to a soft matte/satin finish.

Cynthia Rowley Black Eyeliner (Sample)
This has no claims on it but when swatched it is very creamy and black; a nice addition to my collection. Though as useful as black eyeliner is I'm not much of a pencil girl and I have a few black liner to get through before I'd like to start using this so into the stash it goes. Kind of just meh with this product.

A one-year subscription to Women's Health 
This was refreshing to see. I will probably subscribe to this! Plus, if you would not want to subscribe to the magazine you can fill out a rebate and be refunded the $9.99 which would pay for your whole box!

They also sent out this cute little booklet filled with ways to 'Power Up' (going outside, etc. little challenged basically) so that was cute but I would've liked one more product instead of this (hehe).

I was very pleased with this box. With Ipsy I'm usually receiving a lot more makeup and it was a little refreshing to get this and receive a little bit of both. If you'd like to subscribe to Birchbox I do have a referral link (No money is made I would just get Birchbox points): https://www.birchbox.com/invite/p2h25 or just subscribe at their website: https://www.birchbox.com/.
Hope you guys enjoyed seeing what I got. I will be comparing my August Birchbox and August Ipsy bag when they both come! Woo!
What would you like to see next?
-Em


No comments:

Post a Comment