Thursday, July 31, 2014

July Favorites

Hey everyone!
Today I'll be sharing my July favorites!! I don't do these every month because I don't necessarily find myself using and loving a multitude of products each month, but my ways have definitely changed this past month.
Face:
Usually I mix foundations (NYX Stay Matte liquid with Covergirl Clean Whipped/Rimmel Stay Matte mousse) because I've been trying to use them up. I'm in the process of a de-clutter/using up/project pan with my makeup collection. However, I find myself using my Tarte BB cream instead of foundation. I have it in the shade "Light". I bought this (very generous) deluxe sample at Sephora ($10 for 0.5 oz.) to try out because I've been loving my Dr. Jart BB so much. This wears very nicely, however this "Light" shade has orange tones which bring me to my next favorite..
I've been using my NYX Matte Bronzer in "Light" as my face bronzer and to warm up my neck and decollete so that my body matches my face. Using this and the BB gives me such a sunkissed look/tan! I use it with my big fluffy Real Techniques Powder Brush for a diffused application.
Lately I've been really into cream blush and because I don't own many, I've been giving a couple of mine some love!! I always talk about my Stila Convertible Color (in "Lillium") and I've been using it a lot lately. I also picked up a mini Tarte Energy cheek tint (the one that self adjusts on your skin) from Sephora for $10. (FYI: I found this sample in Tarte's regular display not by the impulse buy checkout line). I do tend to set these with powder blushes because I like how you can layer and change the affect of the cream blush beneath it.

Eyes:
I use different eye products every single day so I can't really name a favorite in this category.

Lips:
For lips, I have been enjoying my NYX Butter Glosses. I like to throw these on before work because they have nice moisture and are fairly neutral colors. Most importantly, they fade evenly. The "Tiramisu" shade, left, is a brown neutral and "Apple Strudel", right, is a light pink shade.

Sorry for such a short post but I really like to feature my true favorites of the month.
What would you like to see next?
-Em      




No comments:

Post a Comment