Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Makeup That's Great for Travel

Summer is the season of travel and I can't believe I didn't do a post like this earlier!
I am going on vacation for a week in August so why not show you guys some products I plan on packing. When I think of makeup that's good for travel I think: multipurpose products, reliable products, and even ones that can be applied with fingers (minimal tools).
*
A multipurpose product is Stila Convertible Color (lip/cheek cream): I think this a fabulous product. A lot of these lip/cheek creams we see on the market only work well on either the cheeks or on the lips, but this one works so well on both. It lasts on the cheeks better obviously because your cheeks don't come in contact with food and drinks, but acts like a creamy lipstick on the lips. It's a nice compact with a mirror making it great for travel/on-the-go. A full-size is $25 (Sephora.com). But, even better, there is a kit from Sephora (I actually bought this in March!) that is even more travel-friendly.. it comes with a deluxe-sized Convertible Color (which still offers a mirror.. always a plus) and a deluxe-sized lip glaze! Here's a link to that to check it out: http://www.sephora.com/pretty-pick-me-ups-P384670?skuId=1582998
Another multipurpose product is any sort of face base that contains both your SPF and your coverage and maybe even your moisturizer (whether it be a BB, tinted moisturizer, etc..). There are plenty of BB creams on the market but one of my faves is Dr. Jart.. I found a sample kit of his BB's too, so here's a link! http://www.sephora.com/the-original-bb-cream-set-P376218?skuId=1463231
*
For the reliable products, this obviously varies for everyone based on their "holy grail" items. Tip: always bring your go-to or favorites on a trip because you know how they will react with your skin, you're familiar with their application, and they won't be a big fuss for your routine when you're already away from home. Keep in mind how they will work in the climate you're travelling too.
*
I personally believe basically any makeup product besides face powders, gel liners, and mascaras can be applied with your hands. Travelling with brushes is a chore for me because of them being so close (bacteria), being crushed, etc. so I'm always looking for a way to minimize them. In my case I find it helps to bring super blendable makeup. Face products that tend to be so blendable are things like: tinted moisturizers/BB's, liquid concealers, and cream blush/bronzer. You will probably want brushes for eyeshadow because blending is so key in that process (a brush to pack on shadow, and a fluffy crease/blending brush). I love travelling with my Naked 2 palette because it has a huge mirror, neutral shadows, and it comes with a double ended brush that can be used to complete an entire look. If you plan on using your fingers bring hand sanitizer of course and makeup wipes to wipe your hands during the process (cheap ones like the Epielle wipes at Big Lots work well for this and they're only a buck).
*
Hope this gave you guys some ideas or even new products to try! Safe travels!
-Em  


No comments:

Post a Comment