Sunday, July 6, 2014

MAKEUP PRODUCTS I REGRET BUYING

Ahh, yes.. two words I hardly associate together.. makeup and regret.
I went through my collection and pulled out products for eyes, lips, and face that just did not work for me at all for several different reasons. 
Let's begin babes!  
Eyes:
 1. Nicka K. Shimmer Liner: I got this last month in my ipsy bag. I was SO excited because if you guys have been reading for a while you have probably seen me mention my WetnWild Mega Liner in "863" and I love its emerald color for color pops and it's perfect!! The anticipation was so high when I opened this up for some good old accent liner.. but the excitement wore off when I saw this applicator. It is made of plastic/rubber and is in the shape of a regular felt tip liner. So obviously being of this material, it is not picking up enough product you have to keep dipping back into product and it is so annoying.. I wanted to love this SO bad, you guys!
2. Stila Stay All Day liquid liner in "Snow": I bought this at IMATS in hopes of a pigmented, stark white for an accent/detailing purposes because I'm a crazy liner girl as some of you may know. :) Well, this is a felt tip and it is just not intense enough at all. I am still on the hunt for a beautiful white gel or liquid eyeliner.. if you know of any good ones please comment below!!!
3. NYX Felt Tip Liner in "Jet Black": Similar to the Stila one, this just lost intensity. I personally think it has something to do with their felt applicators.
4. Smashbox Full Exposure mascara: A wet formula that makes lashes feel heavy and when it gives volume it's just so clumpy.. so not worth the price tag (I recently tossed a full-size I had of this.. blah!!) 
5. Maybelline Great Lash in "Extreme Black": how is this Maybelline's bestselling mascara? IT DOES NOTHING. NO VOLUME. NO LENGTH. JUST COLORS THE LASHES.
6. Phsyician's Formula Eyebrightener in "Hint of Taupaz": I believe PF discontinued this product because I bought it on clearance in the winter. It has no pigmentation even when I literally dig into it.
7. Maybelline Expertwear Quad in "Sunlight Bronze": Barely pigmented, show up with no color; just shimmer, and are flaky. 
8. Covergirl Exact Eyelights quad for Brown Eyes: Decent pigmentation but for what is available at the drugstore (WetnWild, Maybelline Color Tattoos, etc.) this is not even worth the money.

Lips
1. Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in "Fuschia Flirt": I got this in an ipsy last July and it is a neon pink. This makes my lips look so gross, ew. Not my color either.
2. Stila Lip Glaze in "Apricot": No pigmentation, sticky; enough said.
3. L'Oreal Color Riche Le Balm in "Rose Elixir": Ugh this is just clear! For that price just grab a nice Nivea or Lypsyl lip balm! From this Le Balm line I do love the one in "Nourishing Nude" though.
4. Smashbox lipstick in "Nylon Nude": This shade is literally concealer if you're fair to light I don't think you'd like this shade at ALL. I've been trying to find a gloss that will make it work for my face!
5. Almay Liquid Lip Balm in "Nudetrients": I was really hoping for a pigmented nude gloss; this is not it. This is clear with sparkle on the lips. For something to be marketed as a balm, this is quite drying.
6. Rimmel Moisture Renew in "Let's Get Naked": I am so glad these are being re-formulated guys! They aren't moisturizing and sink into my lip lines. Also.. the perfume and powder scent is so overpowering.
7. Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue balms in "Coral Crave" and "Just Peachy": "Coral Crave" is you guessed it: CLEAR, but moisturizing. Are you kidding me?? On the other hand, "Just Peachy" gives nice color but is not moisturizing and makes my lips look dry.. There are so many inconsistencies in this line of Baby Lips. I do not think they'll ever top my favorite Baby Lips which is "Cherry Me"!

 Face:
1. Covergirl Tru Blend liquid foundation: This never dries, too dewy, is SO apparent on the skin (cakey), light and medium (and that's stretching it) coverage.
2. Physician's Formula Happy Booster Bronzer/Blush in "Natural": I heard RAVES about this and there's no pigmentation. I even wiped this off with a tissue to remove any possible film on the surface of the product and it's just not doing anything for me.
3. Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Powder in "Creamy Natural": This is too cakey and it basically a white powder. The colors swirled throughout do not correct anything. If you want a comparable product use e.l.f's Tone Correcting Powder for a fraction of the cost.
4. Laura Geller Spackle face primer in "Champagne": I just can't see me, an oily girl, priming my face with sparkles. I wish it was more of a Revlon Skinlights type shimmer instead of a glitter/sparkle.
5. e.l.f's All-Over Color Stick in "Persimmon": I wish e.l.f made these in shades without shimmer. This shade is so pink so I can't use it to highlight (unless I do my cupid's bow), but is too frosty for use on the lips.
6. Urban Decay Optical Blurring Brush: I cannot believe I spent $26  on this. By the name you'd obviously assume to use it with foundation. The bristles on this brush are too dense, I definitely prefer my Real Techniques Buffing Brush that is less densely packed and is great for really blending out foundation.

Hope this helps you steer clear of some products and save money!
Comment what you want to see here next! Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment