Friday, July 18, 2014

Ipsy Unbagging July 2014

Hey guys! I just wanted to do a quick post on what I received in my Ipsy bag for this month!
I received the..
1. Elizabeth Mott Tints&Sass in "Cherry" (full size): Yay!! I've always wanted to try a Benetint type product and this is the same concept. It has a doe-foot applicator. A nice reddish tint.. super excited to try. It was sheer which is nice for the cheeks, and will blend nice with the natural color of the lips.
2. Bare Minerals BB cream shadow in "Divine Wine" (deluxe sample): This is so small for a sample. I was planning on using the cream shade to highlight and conceal on my face (like emilynoel83 was saying on her channel on a BM kit review) but I got the purple shade *sigh*. But, if you know of the Sephora OPI (discontinued) their polish in "Metro Chic" is the same color of this cream shadow!! I love those kind of colors.. like a taupe-purple. Excited to try.
3. Benefit They're Real mascara (deluxe sample): I'm not super excited for this but I'm never really excited for mascaras. I'll keep it tucked away until my others dry up.
4. Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil SPF 08 (deluxe sample): I would have rather seen a real sunscreen but I've gotten plenty of sunscreen in the past from Ipsy anyways so this is new and refreshing to see. It looks like enough product to coat my body a few, maybe 4, times (1 oz.). I don't endorse tanning (skin cancer, premature aging) so I'm a little uneasy with this.
5. Lavilin Jojoba gel cream (deluxe sample): I plan on using this as a light moisturizer on my face and neck. The tube says to use after intense physical activity which is interesting so this gets a thumbs up.. natural ingredients too!
Swatch of the cream shadow (L) and the tint blended out (R):

While I know I will get use out of each and every product, there is no new and innovative brands that I haven't seen before. Also, Benefit They're Real is so well-known I wasn't expecting it to be in an Ipsy. I would rate this a 8/10 because while I'm only super stoked about the tint and semi-excited for the shadow and gel cream, I will still use every product. Also, I would have liked to see another full-size product. I do however respect the variety of eyes, lips, and face products. I WAS WISHING FOR ONE OF THE PIXI BALMS SO BAD!! But, we don't always get what we want.
Ipsy is a beauty subscription service that sends 4-5 beauty samples/full-sizes for $10/month delivered to your door, if you'd like to join I have a referral link (No I don't get money I just get points on my account that can eventually be redeemed for a product): http://www.ipsy.com/r/3by2
I've been thinking of getting the Lip Monthly subscription box because I am addicted to lips and it's centered around lips for the same price as Ipsy.. what do you guys think.. should I cancel my Ipsy and get a different box soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment