Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My Favorite High-End Makeup Products

I find myself asking the essential question when at Sephora and Ulta on the verge of buying a pricey makeup item: "Is it really worth it?".. Most cases: not really. I have tried a lot of high-end makeup and wanted to share my favorites.. think of this almost as a "Shopping List Ideas" kind of post. I have picks for face, eyes, lips, and nails! Woohoo let's get started!
Face:
LtoR...
1. Dr. Brandt Pores No More pore refiner: This stuff has really improved the wear of my BB creams. I find that BB creams tend to skin into pores and fine lines and just look so obvious, but this is so amazing!! I pat it on my nose and the sides (and even into my smile lines) and my BB's won't sink in! I love these types of products because it prevents the makeup from filling your pores. (It has a tea-tree scent which makes it almost seem like a skincare type step). 
2. Smashbox Photo Finish primer: I was getting so sick of primers because I was feeling as though they didn't prolong the wear of my makeup but instead just made it feel smoother (and we shouldn't really be touching our faces anyways, right?).. until I met this. I mixed this with the BB cream I'm about to talk about next and it prevented creasing and pore-filling  in the hot summer heat during my walk
 (which was an intense walk by the way).
3. Dr. Jart BB Beauty Balm in the Black Label Detox formula.. SPF 25: This BB cream is my HG! This is the only one that has worked for my oily skin. It comes in a universal shade and it actually matches me very well (I can only see this working for light to medium skintones). It gives medium coverage; keeping in mind that I always apply BB's with my fingers. Yes it does sink into my pores and lines but that is only when I do not primer before hand and the Dr. Brandt and Smashbox ones work VERY well with this. It takes so much time out of my beauty routine when I use this. When I get my paycheck I'm going to Sephora and getting the set they sell of these.. I never thought I would say I like a BB cream so this is one for the books.
4. Bobbi Brown blush in "Desert Rose": This is a go-to blush color for me; it's a no-brainer. I pair it with my smoky looks, natural looks.. really anything will go with it! It is an awesome muted/dusty pink color. This formula is so soft and easy to blend; I love it!

Eyes:
LtoR..
1. Urban Decay shadows (in general): I have never found a single shadow that really stacks up to these in their formula.. while some at the drugstore are pigmented; they have tons of fallout and while some drugstore ones don't have fallout they're so sheer. These are fabulous and easy to blend and build, intensely pigmented, smooth... just fab. Instead of just taking a picture of my UD palettes I swatches a few of my fave colors.. going top to bottom: "Tease" (crease/blending), YDK (lid or one shadow look), Mushroom (lid or one shadow look.. gorgeous taupe).
2. Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner in "Onyx": This just the black shade form the line. This is the only pencil that I find that I can line my upper lashline with.. it has wonderful pigmentation. It is creamy yet won't fade or transfer. It makes lining the upper lashline so easy! 

Lips:
LtoR...
1. Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in "Mighty Mimosa": I am more than half way done with this chubby pencil which is crazy because I'm not one to go through lippies fast; this is arguably my most-worn lip product. Beating out every other chubby lip pencil on the market that I've tried. this has the best formula. It has buildable pigmentation (there is a more intensely pigmented line of these but I have not tried them yet). The formula itself really does nourish the lips like a balm would; it very hydrating and smoothing. Just incredible. 
2. Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in "Pomegranate": Bite's lipsticks are amazing. I've owned them in the past and their formula is insanely amazing.. a must-try. This pencil is no exception; it provides intense pigment, the feel of their lipsticks (not drying, etc.), but with the precision of a pencil. I got this in a lip sampler and I don't wear red often (I've been trying to change that but I'm so hooked on nudes and pinks), but I would so go back and purchase another one but in one of my more preferred shades!!  

Nails:
LtoR: Nails Inc in "Queen Victoria Street", Nails Inc. in "Devonshire Row"
1. Nails Inc. is by far the best polish formula I have ever tried. They're opaque in a single coat (I do like doing 2 coats during my manis though), have good dry time, and nice shine. But the best part is their longevity.. it is honestly incredible. Usually my manis chip within 2-3 days because I work with my hands a lot around the house, doing makeup, school, work, etc.. but I did my nails with the radiant orchid shade ("Devonshire Row") and experienced NO chipping for 5 days which was when I just wanted to redo my nails! I have the best luck with these polishes. But as a disclaimer I do wear my Revlon Multi-Care Base and Top Coat with every mani so it's not alone, but nevertheless these polishes are awesome.

Thanks for reading!! See you next time!!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment