Sunday, July 6, 2014

NYX Stay Matte but Not Flat powder foundation Review

Hey guys!! I'm always ranting about this product and some if you guys on Instagram asked me to do a review on this so here I am. :) Face products are very tough to review because I think that's the category of makeup that is very personal! I wanted to keep this short and sweet and no rambling haha. :) Here we go!! 
- Texture: Very soft, but not TOO soft where everything falls apart.
- Shades: The shades in this line run a little on the neutral/yellow tones.
- Finish: Matte, but not cakey.. There is no shimmer or anything to make you glow. The best way to describe this is a forgiving matte powder. Even if you apply too much it won't look beyond cakey and some setting spray would fix it.
- Coverage: Light to medium depending on application.
- How I apply: I will either dust this using my RT Powder Brush to set my foundation and give it that extra boost of coverage. To really set my foundation for pure perfection for those days when I want to look fabulous until the makeup wipe hits my face I will use a powder puff and really pat the powder into my skin. This particular technique really locks in your makeup and prevents creasing. I find this works fab with this powder because as I said before, it is forgiving.
- Wear: After 8 hours of wear I had oil breakthrough and minimal creasing in my smile lines which is impressive because I was outside for a fair amount of time today in the MA heat. Even with oil breakthrough, my nose did not look like my foundation and this were completely broken down which has happened with the liquid foundation I wore under this before, so this powder is a definite help.
- How does it work with other products?: 
*Bare skin: I did not like the way this applied over my bare skin, I usually prime regardless of what face products I am using that day. It applied a little patchy over dry skin.
*Primer: Definitely smoother than over bare skin.
*Foundation: As I said before, I love using this to set my foundation, gives a nice finish and a boost of coverage..
*Concealer: I use this to set my undereye concealer as well and it really mattifies and prevents creasing.
*Blush/Bronzer/Highlight: These products blend perfectly fine over this powder.
- How I like to use it: I'm full coverage girl so I always use liquid foundation, that being said I use this every single day to set my foundation whether it be with a puff or brush.
- Recommendations: There are testers in Ulta for this product and because of its yellow tones I would definitely look at these in-store to make sure it will work for your skintone. I would so totally recommend this as a powder foundation for those who enjoy the coverage, etc. and a finishing powder as well. I just love this stuff. It is very versatile.
((FYI: I like the Stay Matte but Not Flat liquid foundation but only when I set it with this powder! I've found I have the best luck with this liquid foundation with this powder otherwise I really wouldn't wear it with a different powder.))
Hope this was helpful, comment requests.
I used it to set my BB today heres a pic! (P.S I have glasses incase you didn't know)

No comments:

Post a Comment